Battery relocation pics?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Boofhead
On the Road

Battery relocation pics?

Post by Boofhead »

G'day everyone,
I'm in the middle of grafting an RSV swingarm into my bike and I was wondering if anyone has pics of relocating the battery.
I have a Tuono shock and because of the N2 canister, the battery will have to move. I understand from previous posts that a TLR battery box can be used with the battery relocated to the side of the engine. However if this looks dog ugly I will find another shock with a remote canister, which is a shame because it looks the biz and is easy to adjust.
Cheers from Boofhead
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Re: Battery relocation pics?

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

I made a new one much more slick than the oem unit, It's wery easy to build a new one in aluminium and then you just paint it black, this make the rear inner fender look much more nicer than the original unit.
I made a mould in aluminium and then I used it do make a carbonfiber batterybox/rear fender wich is light and strong
Saludos desde Canarias
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

El Vikingo Tropical wrote:55 years agoI made a new one much more slick than the oem unit, It's wery easy to build a new one in aluminium and then you just paint it black, this make the rear inner fender look much more nicer than the original unit.
I made a mould in aluminium and then I used it do make a carbonfiber batterybox/rear fender wich is light and strong

Hi El Vikingo Tropical and thanks for your reply.
Where does your battery now sit?
Is it still under the tank but in an even lower position than standard which makes it closer to the engine? or perhaps raised higher?
I just need a clearer picture in my mind (or a real pic) before I start chopping off more bits!!
Cheers from Boofhead
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

You can also buy a new smaller lithium battery. ;)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Boofhead - on a totally different topic & at the risk of hijacking your thread how did you get on with fitting the 320 mm discs?

I'm also looking at a GSXR750 fork conversion (K2) and I'm concerned with the ease of fitting the larger discs. From what I can gather Ducati discs have the same bolt pattern (which model?) but do they have a larger ID & need spacing?

Cheers,

Andy B

Ahem - just read the complete thread & I see you didn't need to use the 320s as the K4 forks also use 298s. Aoplogies my bad :oops:
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

andybaggies wrote:55 years agoBoofhead - on a totally different topic & at the risk of hijacking your thread how did you get on with fitting the 320 mm discs?

I'm also looking at a GSXR750 fork conversion (K2) and I'm concerned with the ease of fitting the larger discs. From what I can gather Ducati discs have the same bolt pattern (which model?) but do they have a larger ID & need spacing?

Cheers,

Andy B

Ahem - just read the complete thread & I see you didn't need to use the 320s as the K4 forks also use 298s. Aoplogies my bad :oops:
lol andybaggies.

yeh that's right. I used 600/750 K4/K5 forks with 2012 gsxr600 brembo radial calipers. Cleaning the front wheel with 298mm discs is hard enough let alone 320's!!