Another F1 Fault

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Xavz
On the Road

Another F1 Fault

Post by Xavz »

Well yesterday was our first hottish day at 37ºC and the bike did not want to play. On the 50km trip home at idle was really stuttering and then cutting out got up to 103ºC at one point, came up with an F1 code which is permanent and would have trouble starting. the code clears when i turn the ignition off and then on again, (at no point did i hear the fan cut in )

Got it home had the seat off which is packed full of wires with a power commander etc and jesus it was hot under there.

On Saturday just gone I had a flat battery which has never happened before, put on trickle charge and got all the way to a float charge with no issues. i have a ctek quick connect which i added a few months ago but this is only the second time I have used the trickle charge.

This morning set off for work but didnt get to the end of the street with misfiring and jerking like it does around the 3000rpm point but this time at all rpm's got it back home and was again the wiring loom was seriously warm as did the battery feel pretty toastie.

Supposedly there is a way of checking dealer mode using a shorting wire so will have to give that a go after finding the thread on here but any other suggestions would be helpful
:ride: :ride: Go Big or Go Home :ride: :ride:
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: Another F1 Fault

Post by andybaggies »

Reg/Rec? mine blew on a searing hot day, well as searing as it can get in the UK, and in the process it killed the battery.
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

Reg/Rec?

Maybe as I went into dealer mode and was no fault but the tps mark was high. Got out the service manual and stated the idle should be 1300rpm which mine wasn't was struggling at about 1100rpm.

So checked coolant, no air didnt need topping up.

warmed up engine, reset the idle to about 1300, then the tps marker in dealer mode was at idle, put on revs to about 1400 and the marker went to the high point, took off the revs and went back to the cente correct mark as per the service manual.

took it out for a quick spin and all seemed fine, on Sunday.

Was going to ride to work but within ten minutes spluttering and major back firing, then stalled at lights and would not start again as was basically a dead battery. Got the missus to drive to me as only a short way from home, gave me a jump with leads and rode back home and took the car to work.

Not sure what Reg/ Rec (is that the regulator / rectifier?)

thinking Power Commander might be cooked and therefore not tuned to the aftermarket exhausts anymore or it is something else obviously
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

going to check the reg/rec and the stator first chance i get!! cheers
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Buy a new battery. Symptoms are pretty identical to the first Raptor here, when it was bought. It got pulled apart to find a problem which wasn't found. Replaced battery and it ran perfectly!!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

checked the battery last night after a charge and is a little low. it drops to 12.24 when the ignition it on and lights on which should be above 12.3v as per serice manual. going to check the charging circuit tonight as well as just to be sure, belts and braces 'n' all that