Rear Wave Brake Rotor?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Boofhead
On the Road

Rear Wave Brake Rotor?

Post by Boofhead »

G'day there everyone in Raptor land, I've finally bolted in my RSV1000 swingarm and Tuono shock for a trial fit and only have to machine up some spacers to complete it. :thumbsup:
So as I was fitting the rear wheel it dawned on me that I still haven't found a rear wave rotor for the Rap. Which brings me to my question....has anyone got any idea where to get one? or what other bike has the same rotor? Front rotors don't seam to be a problem.
I've read heaps of posts here and checked out various rotor manufacturers, but can't really find an answer!!
Can anyone help? If I can't find one, I'll just stick with the standard front and rear rotors because it will just tick me off that they don't match. I think I'm OCD!! :?

Cheers from
Boofhead
V4mp
On the Road

Re: Rear Wave Brake Rotor?

Post by V4mp »

http://www.braking.com/catalogue/intro.php?lang=EN#
Looks like rear brake rotor is pretty unique. Any other doesn't use same rotor. :ouch:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Rear Wave Brake Rotor?

Post by nickst4 »

Boofhead wrote: 6 years ago G'day there everyone in Raptor land, I've finally bolted in my RSV1000 swingarm and Tuono shock for a trial fit and only have to machine up some spacers to complete it. :thumbsup:

Cheers from
Boofhead
Hey Boof, you're back in the Land of the Biking! Glad to see the priorities have shuffled back into their proper place... :thumbsup:

I'm still mulling over a headlight change, and was wondering if I could rebuild a bigger 7" unit to fit the Raptor mounts. Of course, if your OEM one was to turn up here, I'd probably not bother! Gi'us a call...

Cheers,

Nick