Can't find reverse gear...

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Dapper dan2
On the Road

Can't find reverse gear...

Post by Dapper dan2 »

Hi.

Has anyone else found reverse gear yet?? I heard it could be located by the cup holder down by the ash tray?😛
HiFi
On the Road

Re: Can't find reverse gear...

Post by HiFi »

:lol: mine didn't come with that option, but it does have a playing card wedged in the spokes to make it sound like a motorcycle :mrgreen:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:woot:
The location depends on the model and year, if you look in your owners manual for “leva della retromarcia”, but you will need to check the foofoo valve is fully functioning as otherwise you may find yourself with the front going backwards and the back going forwards. This manoeuvre is known as circuitry or ciambella

:ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Dapper dan2
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan2 »

That's great information shebee! :thumbsup:

I've also noted when pushing the bike and making noises like an American early eighties police car , that both wheels turn round...is this normal or will it wear the rubber bands down? :?
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

It will be fine, but I advise against taking a leaping slide over the front mudguard as it scratches the paint. Also if you do find yourself crashing through cardboard boxes, try to aim for the thin ones. The double corrugated ones have staples and give one hell of a paper cut. HTH
:thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister