need help! wiring diagram with Colors on Raptor 650 please..

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
superaptor
On the Road

Re: need help! wiring diagram with Colors on Raptor 650 plea

Post by superaptor »

Thank you monkeyshed I finally confirmed that your sequence(hopefully as seen on your bike) is what the numbers are on the Italian Diagram that I downloaded from the Italian Raptor website. Gruppog_2.pdf Gruppog3.pdf. I translated the components on the diagram and this is what I came up with. I think the italians ran out of the cables and decided to use close colors on the harness which sucks because it costs a fortune to get the harness replaced! and its a very hard labour. anyway I made some corrections on what you gave me and I really appreciate for your help. please keep this as reference as my cables are off and I will use my voltmeter again to trace the cables now I at least have and idea about how the sequence goes. the numbers below the speedo in circles are I think the pin numbers.... I already know how they go on the circuit as I dismanteled the whole unit and started probing it with my multimeter. whats scaring me is Pin 8 looks like the Earth for the indicators and high beam on my circuit when I tested it and 16 also looks like the Earth for the whole circuit... Oh crap I guess Im at least getting somewhere.... My cables are off and this is still like a chinese puzzle. like a mega rubics cube! lol thank you for your participation :)

pin 1 (Earth on Diagram)

pin 2 green blue (28 coolant temperature sensor alarm)

pin 3 pink = 14 oil presssure switch
pin 4 black violet =low fuel (Not connected on the Diagram)
pin 5 violet =low fuel
pin 6 yellow = Lights (Hazards? on the 8 Right control unit)

pin 7 black white = vehicle safety ( 9 ignition coil front cylinder)
pin 8 white = Hi-lo Beam
pin 9 Not Connected

pin 10 white violet = speed
pin 11 white orange = speed

pin 12 blue = ground(earth)

pin 13 green red
pin 14 green grey = rev counter (30 safety device on diagram)

pin 15 red black indicator (+ 12v Right Signal?)
pin 16 lt blue indicator (+12v Left Signal?)

PS if my bike blows up at least you guys know why! lol
:lightfart:
superleggera

Re: need help! wiring diagram with Colors on Raptor 650 please..

Post by superleggera »

Hi folks,

I bought a Raptor 650 a while ago, the owner had bodged some very dodgy Chinese clocks on to it. Over the winter I've done a few jobs on it, including sourcing some other not so dodgy Chinese clocks for it (I never liked the Raptor clocks, had a Raptor 1000 before). I've read through the posts on the forum, my wiring seems different to everyone else's. The bike is a 2007 Raptor 650ie.

Since I didn't have the original clocks to start with, I don't know the pin order.

I think the following is correct....

Black - LH Ind.
Black/Grn - RH Ind
Yellow - High/Low Hlight
Blu/Blk - Water...I think
Grn/Grey (maybe White) - Tacho....?
Blue x 2 - Earth
Orange/Grn x 2 - Power/Pos (only with Ignition on)

There are also....

Pink - Oil pressure....?
Pink/Blk - ?
Pink/Yellow - ?
Grn/Yellow - ?

Does the 650 have a side stand warning light? I don't know any one else with a Raptor 650 I can compare it to you see.

Cheers for any help you can provide :-)
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

No the Rap doesn't have a stand warning light.
superleggera

Post by superleggera »

Ok, thanks. Do you know if the 650 has a Neutral light? I've tested the rest of the wires and none of them change behaviour when I flick in and out of Neutral. If it does have a light, what colour is the wire? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Wife used to have a 650ie and it defo had a nuetral light.

Cant tell you anymore as its long sold!!
nil illigitimae carborundum
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Yes it has neutral light but I cant help you with the color.
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

My 2001 650 , came with a wiring diagram in the owners book, the neutral switch ( gear sensor) has 4 wires coming out, B ( common earth) OY goes to terminal 11 ECU, BW goes to terminal 9 ECU, YG goes to " vehicle safety" a small diode block to prevent backfeeds through neutral switch I think.

The neutral switch does two jobs, it is an interlock to kill ignition if the side stand is down and a gear is engaged, also tell the ECu to remap for idling in neutral.
Stay calm.