which clutch cable

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
kriss
On the Road

which clutch cable

Post by kriss »

my clutch cable seems to have loads of play but no adjustment either end so reckon the previous owner fitted and aftermarket cable plus levr as a spare clutch lever came with bike. the clutch itself is fine no slipping when you give it a handfull so which clutch cable do i go for as a direct fit virtually same as standard ?. been in touch with venhill who say send us your old one and we can make you one but i havnt got the old standard one. no rush on this as the one on there is fine just no adjustment and slop at lever end :thumbsup:
2008 fz1n, 2001 650 raptor,
pod
On the Road

Re: which clutch cable

Post by pod »

SV 650 clutch cable works OK, its not identical to the RAP but works fine.
Stay calm.
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

pod wrote:55 years agoSV 650 clutch cable works OK, its not identical to the RAP but works fine.
many thanks pod. was told the sv cable was shorter but will give it a whirl :thumbsup:
2008 fz1n, 2001 650 raptor,
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

I broke my cable in Edinburgh a few years back, took the old cable to a Suzuki dealers and the replacement did admirable service until I got an OEM replacement, the only difference I could see was the metal elbow at the clutch perch end was different., I think the Suzi nipple was smaller at the lever end but it worked OK.
Stay calm.
lomax
On the Road

Post by lomax »

i used the sv one too, it was a tight squeeze but i got it to fit in the end.