Alternative rear shocks

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
bertie
On the Road

Alternative rear shocks

Post by bertie »

OK guys i dont know where my last thread went, maybe sits still in the moderating list however i need some help.

My BikefarmMV triangles appear to be lowing the bike not raising it. A Lot. Ive even tried all orientations for bolting it up with no luck at any Jack up!

I just spotted on Gumtree an Ohlins adjustable shock off a Duc 851 which has been rebuilt. Model # du8071

It runs 335mm between bolt centres , 83mm OD on the spring, 10mm bolt sizing and is set up for a 80kg bloke.

What do you think?
Am i right that the stock shock is 305mm between bolt centres.
If i run this longer shock with the "lowing triangles" do you think it will work??
It might still work with the stock triangles? who knows how much raise it will give!
2001 Raptor 650
snapdragon

Re: Alternative rear shocks

Post by snapdragon »

sorry for the delay bertie, been away
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
bertie
On the Road

Post by bertie »

well i bought the shock, i just need to get some crush tubes made up since the spacings of the shock mounts are quite wide on the cagiva and the Ducati shock is much narrower.

hopefully it fits and works ok.
my biggest worrie is that the direction that the banjo bolt on the remote adjust is angled and having to change it if I cannot assemble it as it is.

Wish me luck. I'm flying out to site tomorrow so no bike fiddling or riding for the next 7 weeks!!!!
2001 Raptor 650
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

How is your shock replacement operation proceeding Dr Bertie? Do you need a hand? I live in Mosman Park and I may be able to come to your mansion.......YEAH!
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Howdi Bertie. Need a hand? I live in Perth. yeah!
bertie
On the Road

Post by bertie »

Hey Yeah,

I'm back up on the mine site now. So another 3 weeks before I get to have a play with the bike.

I designed the spacers but was unable to get them made up and fitted.
2001 Raptor 650
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Hiya Bertie.

I've worked out how to tune my ECU with a Suzuki Tuning Kit.
If you like, I can try it on your bike.

That and the TPS adjustment has shown the greatest improvement to a smooth power delivery.

Yeah!
turbomart
On the Road

Post by turbomart »

Ive got a triumph daytona shock with remote gas cannister that im going to try fitting. Ill report back on how it goes.