MOTd and new battery

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
pod
On the Road

MOTd and new battery

Post by pod »

Dragged the bike out of its winter lair now most of the salt has gone, the battery had died .
New one in place and instant life, passed the MOT with an advisory on the suspension links. Liam the MOT guy says all bikes with these links are like that. Woo hoo , suns out and Im away for a decent run, its been a long winter.
Stay calm.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: MOTd and new battery

Post by Crap Tartan »

only takes an hour to strip the suspension links and clean, regrease and refit. Do bearings at swingarm/frame and shock and it`ll be good as new!!!
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: what is it with batteries this year? mine died too
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoonly takes an hour to strip the suspension links and clean, regrease and refit. Do bearings at swingarm/frame and shock and it`ll be good as new!!!
:shock: easy for you to say CT
SnappY
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoonly takes an hour to strip the suspension links and clean, regrease and refit. Do bearings at swingarm/frame and shock and it`ll be good as new!!!
easy for you too Snap, just need a wee tool box demo first and you would be away.................................................. :dance: :D
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

I think the cold killed my battery, should have taken it in, only the 3rd one in 11 years , cant complain.
CT I hear you, will order new needle rollers first though.
Cheers
Pod
Stay calm.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years ago
easy for you too Snap, just need a wee tool box demo first and you would be away.................................................. :dance: :D
:lol: yeh yeh, but how do I get her to stand on her nose so I can get at the bits? huh? she just won't listen to any commands apart from 'sit and stay' :oops:
pod wrote:55 years agoI think the cold killed my battery, should have taken it in, only the 3rd one in 11 years , cant complain.
CT I hear you, will order new needle rollers first though.
Cheers
Pod
Mine too Pod, I think I've had four but one was a cheapo and so poor I had to get another quick-smart.
SnappY
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

only on my second since new, first got slightly fekked from when it was written off but the replacement (gel) does get mollycoddled, heated garage, regular top-ups, disconnected during longer periods of no use.........................