Help for engine guards.

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
AmberII
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: https://www.facebook.com/Amber

Help for engine guards.

Post by AmberII »

Hi all, sunny greetings from Bulgaria!

I'm brand new in motorcycle world. My first bike is Raptor 650 (second handed, but in very good condition). So I want to put a engine guards, because I'm afraid I will drop it and .... well this is the reason that I want to put engine guards.

Can you advice and supply me with information, pictures, ideas how and where to put them?

Thank you in advance!

Just to show me&my "precious" :oops:
Reading a book gives us somewhere to go when we stay where we are!
snapdragon

Re: Help for engine guards.

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome :D

R&G do 'protectors' for the Raptors but they're not metal guards they are the mushroom / bobbin type
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/Cra ... 068BL.aspx
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome in... And enjoy!
Twisted Tequila Sister
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome in Amber, you've got good taste! :thumbsup:

They say there are two sorts of bikers - those who have dropped their bike, and those who are going to, so it's good your thinking of some protection for her. Don't forget to protect yourself - cover all skin, and wear Good Boots, it's not until you bang an ankle that you realise how precious they are to you! :happyhappy:

There are some different crash bungs available, a worldwide eBay search for "raptor crash" will show you some different options.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
AmberII
On the Road

Post by AmberII »

Thank You all for welcoming me here and helping me!

Today I will drive my bike to service to put crash pads. Hope everything will be perfect. Later I will post some pics.
About the Raptor – I saw it, try it and I knew this is the bike!
About protection – I have some issues with finding right pants for me (It's quite difficult, because I'm fat and short – so no standard size suits me). So for now I have purchased knee pads. I will get my boots tomorrow – I have chosen FALCO - 411-Mixto. Very comfortable boot.
I had everything else – Jacket with protectors, gloves, helmet, moto bonnet, even thermal underwear.

Sooo, just waiting Saturday to start my very first trip!

P.S. Excuse me for my not so good English.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

AmberII wrote:55 years agoThank You all for welcoming me here and helping me!

Today I will drive my bike to service to put crash pads. Hope everything will be perfect. Later I will post some pics.
About the Raptor – I saw it, try it and I knew this is the bike!
About protection – I have some issues with finding right pants for me (It's quite difficult, because I'm fat and short – so no standard size suits me). So for now I have purchased knee pads. I will get my boots tomorrow – I have chosen FALCO - 411-Mixto. Very comfortable boot.
I had everything else – Jacket with protectors, gloves, helmet, moto bonnet, even thermal underwear.

Sooo, just waiting Saturday to start my very first trip!

P.S. Excuse me for my not so good English.
Hey your English is very good, very easy to understand :thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
AmberII
On the Road

Post by AmberII »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
AmberII wrote:55 years ago....
Hey your English is very good, very easy to understand :thumbsup:
Thank you!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Welcome AmberII from the other side of the pond :thumbsup:
AmberII
On the Road

Post by AmberII »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoWelcome AmberII from the other side of the pond :thumbsup:
Thank you. Today I learn new word, it's pond. :oops:
AmberII
On the Road

Post by AmberII »

Dear all,

I had a wonderful moto half-season. It was half season, because I bought my bike in August.
I travelled with the motorcycle over a 3500 km. As this is my first bike, I think it was more than enough.

As you all advised me, I put crash bungs. Unfortunately I dropped the bike several times and those crash bungs was unattached at all. They are long enough, but don't work for me. Crash bungs of the rudder war more than helpful for me. Still I looking for engine guards, not only bungs. If any one helps me whit this, I'll be very grateful.

Let I make short review of my first trip. Me and my boyfriend took two backpacks, top case and another backpack on my Raptor's tail - clothes, tools, chain for locking the bikes and went to our two-week trip. I drive Raptor 650. His bike is Honda Dominator 650.

https://maps.google.bg/maps?saddr=Sofia ... ,5,7,9&z=8

First we started from Sofia (Capital of Bulgaria) and travelled to Veliko Tarnovo. Those are around 220 km, half of them on highway, so it was easy.

Next day we went near the sea sight - Kamenar. I have relatives there. Again around 220 km highroad.

Third day we travelled to beautiful sea town Varna. Those were 160 km, little bit more difficult, because there was a pass, not too curvy, but still a pass.

After this we rested 7 days. I gathered my strength for next week full of everyday driving in the mountains of Bulgaria, especially Rodopi.

At the eight's day morning we gotten the way to Svilengrad. 300 km wasn‘t anything special, of course we have several “caw jam” on the road. This part of Bulgaria is incredible with its views.

Next day we travelled to Zlatograd. 170 km in mountain road and all day driving. It was unbelievable hot weather.

After one night rest we drove forward to Dospat Dam. Unfortunately we wasn’t able to go there, few turns after Smolyan I dropped my bike and broken my brake clutch lever. So we slowly returned to Smolyan and slept there overnight. Good thing was that we were only 1-2 km from the town. Bad thing was there are no shops for moto parts. At the morning we received new lever sent by a friend via forwarder.
Those was only 120 km, but very stressful for me.

Next day we get the lever and pick up our stuff as fast as we can and go to Bratsigovo. Town with mineral spring water. Those are 100 km, but again in the mountain, with many turns and large difference in the slopes, so again all day driving. We drove near Vacha River. This is a view everyone must see at least one in his/her live.

We drink, we eat, we sleep and the morning comes, so we turn on our bikes and get the way back, almost to Smolyan.

We rest in Shiroka Laka.

And of course our destination - Pamporovo:

After 2 days rest our vacation go to its end and we were forced to go home, aka Sofia. 230 km was not the happiest one, because of the tomorrow’s working day.
Soooo this is my very very short version of my very very first 2000 km on my bike. At the map they are 1600, but in real were almost 2000.

Hope everyone was enjoying my little review of my trip.
Last edited by AmberII on |December 12th, 2014|, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Really enjoyed your review. Wish I could get there myself. I think that the best way of getting to know your new bike is to go for a good long ride on it. I know a lot of people who would not go more than about 50 kms on their first trip, so really well done.

It was nice to see the bikes and the lovely mountains and of course the cat, but I was hoping that we might get a piccy of you with your bike - maybe in your next review eh?

I put crash bungs on my bike as soon as I got it. I have dropped it about 3 times. I've bent my levers, but there has not been any other damage, so I think that they are definitely a very good idea. All the best!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Great review, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
AmberII
On the Road

Post by AmberII »

Red Mist wrote:55 years ago... but I was hoping that we might get a piccy of you with your bike - maybe in your next review eh?

The funny thing is that as I'm the photographer, I haven't a single picture of me for the whole summer season! :lol:

This one is from October:

P.S. I hope to have some free time soon and will review my other trips too.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

It's nice to be able to put a face to the name. Maybe we should all follow your example. I haven't got any photos of myself to show you so you will just have to imagine that I look like George Clooney.

At least you have taken some nice shots of your bike and where you have been on it. Nearly all my photographs of my bike are taken outside my house because I never want to stop during a good ride to take take photographs then.

Look forward to seeing where you get to next year!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Hi Amber ,greetings from australia , awesome pics , me and my pooch. Another one the day i brought the bike home with me checking all the ties ,we did 1000 +klms that day through bushfires and duststorm, 40c day,it was not a fun drive but at least we got home all safe and sound! :thumbsup: