Spare parts/ engine and frame paints

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Cideredup
On the Road

Spare parts/ engine and frame paints

Post by Cideredup »

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get spares please?

Need a seal/ o ring for the allen key plug in the middle of the clutch cover

Plus silver metallic engine paint, plus matt grey frame paint

I have no idea where to start with any of this

are there any cagiva dealers??

Thanks

Gareth
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Spare parts/ engine and frame paints

Post by ozzraptor »

Cagiva dealers in this country are extinct
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

There's a sticky around somewhere with the paint codes in it, seek and ye shall find. I think someone also recently posted a link to a place that you can put your bike model in and get them to make up the paint for you, that looked pretty nifty.

That O ring is prone to weeping slightly, a spare may be available fairly cheaply from your MV Agusta dealer if there is one, as the OEM folks only seem to be asking less than 6 Euro for it - part number 21 at http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M ... A-RAP-1_AK. But I replaced mine with a $2 O ring from my local bike shop, as the part is listed as "O-RING D:3.1,ID:32.7" I think I got an OD:35 D:3 one which was great at first, but now started weeping slightly again, I'm due an oil change this week though so I'll probably add a smidge of instant gasket to the O ring while the oil is out and hopefully Robert will be your mother's brother. Also the Suzuki folks should make one for a TL1000S that would presumably be a perfect fit, when you think about it...
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hi,

Take the O Ring to a bearing shop, they will measure it and should be able to offer a replacement, or alternatively go to a Suzuki dealer and ask for one to fit a TL1000
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Yup, suzi dealer for the o ring, I got one from Robinsons Foundry who do all suzi spares at good prices with quick delivery.

Get paint codes and the rest is easy.......................
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

There's a thread called 'Paint Code' probably on a 'sticky post'

and Yes Suzuki dealer for most engine parts
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Cideredup
On the Road

Post by Cideredup »

All
Thanks for all your help
Much appreciated
What's a sticky point/ thread?

Lastly I want some flat carbon effect bars ( used to have a set on my vmax but can't remember where I got them from, can any one help?
Thanks
Gareth
Cideredup
On the Road

Post by Cideredup »

Sorry sticky post!!
Gareth
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hey Gareth, no worries, but if you realise you've typed something wrong in a post you can edit it and change it - just look for the "edit" button which should show on the right hand side of each of your own posts.

A sticky post (or thread, to be more accurate), is one that the moderating team have decided is worth keeping at the top of the list - so they make it stick there. If you look at the different forum sections you will see that quite a few of them have the first few threads with kinda wiggly "splat" marks in the first column -this means it's sticky, and they'll always show at the top of the list of forum entries. Otherwise threads that haven't seen much action in a while tend to move down the screen as threads with more recent entries are shown first.

If you look at the General Chat section you'll see a thread called Raptor Colour Names is a sticky, your paint info should be in there.

Just for shits'n'giggles I had a look at the OEM fiche for the TL1000S at http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M ... 4_-2100716 and they're showing that O ring (part 21 again) for less than 3 euro, should be easily available from your suzy dealer.

As for your handlebars, the search function is probably your first port of call - on most pages the search box is top right, and searching for "handlebars", or just "bars" (but without the quote marks), should yield a lot of results. Generally it's forum etiquette to search for yourself before asking questions, as usually the info is already there.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Cideredup wrote:55 years agoAll
Thanks for all your help
Much appreciated

Lastly I want some flat carbon effect bars ( used to have a set on my vmax but can't remember where I got them from, can any one help?
Thanks
Gareth
A 'sticky ' is a post that stays at the top of any board it has a wibbly edge to the left hand 'blob' and looks a bit like a paint splat
the paint code sticky topic is about the tenth one down on the General Technical board HERE and refers to This Thread/Topic which is linked in the other - oh what a tangled web !! :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Cideredup wrote:55 years agoAll
Thanks for all your help
Much appreciated

Thanks
Gareth
Hi, not sure if you have a Naked, V or Xtra, but if you have a V or Xtra you will probably struggle for clearance if fitting flat bars.
152/999
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I was in my local bike shop this week, and found they only wanted $2.65 for a Suzi generator plug gasket, so I shelled out on one, I'm yet to see if it'll stop the minor weeping - that means they should only be a quid or two in blighty!