New mirrors

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
V4mp
On the Road

New mirrors

Post by V4mp »

Hi !

I think I'm going to change my handlebars again and with new setup I need new mirrors... And its hard to imagine how bike looks with different mirrors, can you guys post pics of your someone else bike with different looking mirrors ? I've been watching LSL barends and some rizoma stuff, but its so hard to choose which would look the best !
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
spank36
On the Road

Re: New mirrors

Post by spank36 »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoHi !

I think I'm going to change my handlebars again and with new setup I need new mirrors... And its hard to imagine how bike looks with different mirrors, can you guys post pics of your someone else bike with different looking mirrors ? I've been watching LSL barends and some rizoma stuff, but its so hard to choose which would look the best !
I've got bar ends on mine and renthals, I'll take a piccie for you when I get the chance :)
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I can't believe how long it's taken me to get some pics organised for you, but better late than never!

I picked these as I think the sharp lines look good with the rap styling, and they were cheap as chips.
Mirrors.jpg
Mirrors.jpg (213.33 KiB) Viewed 6753 times
Clear!.jpg
Clear!.jpg (134.31 KiB) Viewed 6753 times
e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131455470930, I think I just painted over the silver bits.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoI can't believe how long it's taken me to get some pics organised for you, but better late than never!

I picked these as I think the sharp lines look good with the rap styling, and they were cheap as chips.
Mirrors.jpg
Clear!.jpg
e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131455470930, I think I just painted over the silver bits.
Better late than never :mrgreen:
Do you have picture from front further away ?
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoBetter late than never :mrgreen:
Do you have picture from front further away ?
Story of my life - more than one person calls me "Last minute Lou"! 8)
This is all I have to hand, I'll try for a better pic tomoz.
Muddy.jpg
Muddy.jpg (234.67 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
Fab4.jpg
Fab4.jpg (208.09 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

OK some more pix.

From the front today, with a contrasting background specially for you. If you want to see 'em from further away just back away from the computer screen a bit!
Pointy.jpg
Pointy.jpg (136.8 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
And an old front-ish and quite far away!
York 2014.jpg
York 2014.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
For me they're just the right combination of sharp lines and gentle curves, and at that bargain basement price they're "almost" disposable! They're cheap and cheerful, you could say, a bit like myself.

Pros:
Cheap
Pointy and swoopy at the same time
Utilise OEM mounts so you wouldn't have to dick around adding extra things for bar-ends or having your eye occasionally catch the empty OEM socket causing you to wail and gnash your teeth and feel the need to "do something" about the socket.

Cons:
Cheap - but functional
Arms/stalks could be more elegant
Build quality means you need to be a little careful setting the mirror plane as too loose and they'll flap back at warp speed and too tight you'd probably break them. No surprises there, hopefully!

[P.S. thanks for that manual, that looks like a good place to start, will get in about it this week]
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

P1040756_2_2.jpg
P1040756_2_2.jpg (37.54 KiB) Viewed 6735 times
See:
http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... ror#p32324
for details
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

Nice setup :thumbsup:

I see you have the bagster tankcover. Does the colour match the bike or is there a small difference?
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Hmm, not bad looking mirrors !

I like Rizoma mirrors, I think I've some kind kof fetish to their products... BUT damn they are expensive !
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Tikka wrote:55 years agoNice setup :thumbsup:

I see you have the bagster tankcover. Does the colour match the bike or is there a small difference?
The bike came with the tank cover. It matches well enough but it's not perfect – certainly not an issue for me – but I don't know if they are even available any more. Having said that, there is very little space between the tank and the seat and it can be a pig trying to get the seat back on. There again, maybe I need to check the tank position. When I first had the bike I had to adjust it then (some kind of tank bolt misalignment, as I recall – or something!). Note to self: time to give Rappie some TLC. :|
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoOK some more pix.

From the front today, with a contrasting background specially for you. If you want to see 'em from further away just back away from the computer screen a bit!
Pointy.jpg
And an old front-ish and quite far away!
York 2014.jpg
For me they're just the right combination of sharp lines and gentle curves, and at that bargain basement price they're "almost" disposable! They're cheap and cheerful, you could say, a bit like myself.

Pros:
Cheap
Pointy and swoopy at the same time
Utilise OEM mounts so you wouldn't have to dick around adding extra things for bar-ends or having your eye occasionally catch the empty OEM socket causing you to wail and gnash your teeth and feel the need to "do something" about the socket.

Cons:
Cheap - but functional
Arms/stalks could be more elegant
Build quality means you need to be a little careful setting the mirror plane as too loose and they'll flap back at warp speed and too tight you'd probably break them. No surprises there, hopefully!

[P.S. thanks for that manual, that looks like a good place to start, will get in about it this week]
Sory off topic a little, Spyke , whats going on with ya steering damper ? In the pic where you have it fitted it looks a little low in the top pic, the mounts may not be true, i have mine a little higher up, but i still noticed the damper mount only just fits before the fork reduces in diameter. I think my eyes need testing again :beer:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Good question ozz, I think your eyes are fine, but I'm not sure of the dates of all those old pics. It's possible that when they were really low I was dicking around with fork height and steering geometry, or maybe it was during my head bearing adventures, but "usually" they are a mm or two away from the triple tree, not a full 1cm.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoGood question ozz, I think your eyes are fine, but I'm not sure of the dates of all those old pics. It's possible that when they were really low I was dicking around with fork height and steering geometry, or maybe it was during my head bearing adventures, but "usually" they are a mm or two away from the triple tree, not a full 1cm.
Yeah not much room to play with there , not sure why cagiva decided to locate the damper that way :?
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
Spyke wrote:55 years agoGood question ozz, I think your eyes are fine, but I'm not sure of the dates of all those old pics. It's possible that when they were really low I was dicking around with fork height and steering geometry, or maybe it was during my head bearing adventures, but "usually" they are a mm or two away from the triple tree, not a full 1cm.
Yeah not much room to play with there , not sure why cagiva decided to locate the damper that way :?
Out of sight :wink:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
Out of sight :wink:
True, i bet there isnt another setup like it , oh well, i guess its a strange bike lol