Chain/Swingarm Buffer....

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dazzle
On the Road

Chain/Swingarm Buffer....

Post by Dazzle »

Hi All,

After exhausting all avenues to obtain a new chain buffer as mine was missing when I bought the VRap and reading on this great forum about DIY Teflon ones.

Has anyone got a sketch of one with dimensions etc as I have nothing to go off! & want to make sure it's not going to dislodge & cause mayhem.

Thanks,

Daz.
snapdragon

Re: Chain/Swingarm Buffer....

Post by snapdragon »

Mine went awol about 40,000 miles ago, I suppose I really should think about replacing it sometime.
My current thinking is to proper clean up the space where it let go and make a similar sized pad out of Sugru which will glue itself to the metal, looks like the sort of thing the stuff was made for.
As I recall it measured about 1cm wide by about 5cm and was half a cm thick.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Don't know if this will help but I once did a Suzuki with knackered damper, and I used rubber tube sections squashed into it. As I say can't remember exactly what the rap one looks like so this maybe a non starter
Bit of a Muppet
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

I'm pretty sure that's the right dimensions, just cut out a template of thin cardboard to make sure it does fit right before you actually make one.
chain buffer.jpg
chain buffer.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
They're a universal fit for the Elefant also so you don't need one of the bolt hole tabs shown in the drawing (see picture below)
chain buffer.jpeg
chain buffer.jpeg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
2 bolts one top and bottom in the rectangular section on the swingarm. Pin 30 is where the slot in the middle goes on.
14086269_1311106835596253_839674725342664460_o.jpg
14086269_1311106835596253_839674725342664460_o.jpg (38.69 KiB) Viewed 6331 times
Here's a good link for ones being made for the Elefant https://www.facebook.com/groups/6449379 ... 170944647/
To fit to a Raptor they're just turned over so the 2 bolt tabs are to the inside.
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Thanks Aussiejoe! - you are a legend....
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Here is the new DIY chain slider all ready for fitting.....can't say it was the easiest thing to fit!!!.
Healtech gear indicator also fitted at same time as the weather is wet here at mo.

Thanks to all for the info.

Daz.
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG (178.3 KiB) Viewed 6096 times