Seat height..x-rap vs v-rap

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dapper dan
On the Road

Seat height..x-rap vs v-rap

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi.

I used to gave a V rap ages ago which I could plant me feet on the ground easily....on the XRAP I'm like a bloody ballerina. .tippy toes all the way.(being 5'8).....now either the rats have been nibbling me feet or its a taller bike...

Did they come from the factory with a taller seat height due to a uprated rear shock or larger dog bones....or am I shrinking???
Has anyone any ideas on dog bone size so I can measure?
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
Dapper dan
On the Road

Re: Seat height..x-rap vs v-rap

Post by Dapper dan »

Apparently after a big of digging..the XRAP are 25mm higher than v rap......anyone got some original dog bones for sale?? Either that or I'm off to the platform shoe shop!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Interesting! I wonder if the difference was partly to accommodate the better shock (?Ohlins) fitted to the XRap?

When I was playing with my Rap and looking to fit a basic Tuono adjustable-rebound shock together with Lust Racing high-ride dog-bones, I found the two weren't compatible because of the extra bulk of the valving at the base of the shock contacting the swingarm. Lust Racing do actually mention this. As it turned out, it wasn't difficult to cut my own dog-bones from sheet steel to raise the bike and benefit from a better shock.

The message is that a standard set of dog-bones may not fit your XRap! :doh:

Nick
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

The extra shock is 5mm longer I think, you may need to make up some different triangles like this.
http://raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtopic.p ... les#p17414
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Thanks for the good advice and pointing me towards the dog bone plan! :happyhappy:

She's going for her MOT on Saturday and I'm so keen to stick on some miles I'll shelve it as a winter job..... :lightfart:

I've seen some boots with quite a wedge on the sole, so should make life easier, I just feel like a plumb when you have to get off and push your bike backwards .. hope they don't make my bum look big! :shock: :evil: :nerner: