Fitting the seat

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dapper dan
On the Road

Fitting the seat

Post by Dapper dan »

Am I going bonkers ...or is fitting the seat an total b@@@@@@?
Just bought a new seat cover....which I think looks great (will post pics when finished ) and I can't get the seat back in position...it was a bugger the first time...the tank is as far forward as possible....the seat plastic tongue is locating in the frame slot....but I'm still about 1/2 an inch from the seat locating into its lock.....driving me mad...is there a simple thing I'm missing???😥😥😥
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Fitting the seat

Post by shebee »

I know mine takes a bit of flexing / negotiation to get it to click in. I cant remember if there adjustment on the brackets on the seat pan, if you took the brackets off to re cover it might have moved?
Twisted Tequila Sister
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

The battery position is critical in fitting the seat.

It's dead easy to think the battery is fitted OK but it is in fact not pushed in far enough into it's recess. There is a lip in the recess that the battery can hit which makes you think that is as far in as it will go. But if you lift the battery up a little more from underneath, so it is more horizontal, you'll find iyou can slide it back a touch more.

This then allows the seat 'tongue' to sit lower and more farther forward.
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Nice tip.....now if I'm only brave enough to take the seat off again and try it! :happyhappy:

Ended up drifting the seat prongs with a rubber mallet to get it to engage!!!😧😤😤
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup: