Red lights & fault codes...

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dazzle
On the Road

Red lights & fault codes...

Post by Dazzle »

Hi All,

Took the Vrap for a good blast today, all going well until I hit some long 100km/h (ish officer!) straights - FI or F1 fault code on dash & red oil/warning light on!?. The Gipro gear indicator even had F on it, slowed down & pulled over to check everything - all good & no leaks etc. Let her cool down for a while, started on the button with all lights & warnings gone. Rode for approx. 20kms through twisties at 80-100km/h & all lights up again!.

No affects to the running at all, did dealer diagnostic check when i got home - no faults, only thing I've done recently is fit the Gipro but it has been fine. Checked oil levels, electrical wires & hoses etc - no visible problems.

Any ideas?.

Thanks,

Daz.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Red lights & fault codes...

Post by Crap Tartan »

were any of the indications on all the time (not flashing) whilst it happened?
Did the bike continue to run normally durint the time of fault indications? (rev fully)
usually if it continues to run whilst showing a fault it means the ECM has lost or one of the signals are out of tolerance but not considered catastrophic so it continues to run.
I am surprised there were no historic fault codes showing when you got home, you didn't clear the memory in error?
If it had cleared once you let it cool it gives the impression that the signal from one of the temp related sensors was now back in tolerance thus no fault indications.
Need to try to recreate the fault then check codes then so you can see what is wrong
nil illigitimae carborundum
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Hi CT,

Red light stayed on - FI flashed on dash - F on Gipro went when gear changed. Pulled over each time it happened to check, let it cool for a few mins & all was good until ridden for a few kms. Rode it back like a pussy keeping gear high & revs as low as possible & lights stayed off.

Bike ran fine & started fine - very slight hesitation once on pulling away. Not sure if i cleared the memory but didn't have time to investigate when i got home so had a quick look later that night.

I will run her out again & see if it happens again, then check for fault codes.

Cheers for your help.

Daz
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

I would check with the makers of the GI Pro........ I put one on my old Rappy back in May. Never had an F1 error (or any error at all) before but after 20mins constant 75mph on the motorway F1 and the red light came on. Absolutely no effect on performance so I kept going, at next junction turned bike off, restarted and the error had cleared. I think whatever the GI Pro does to the ECU to fool the ignition TRE must cause it but I never got to the bottom of it. Definitely caused by the GI Pro though as it never happened until I put it on. You could test it by unplugging the GI on the right hand side of the bike and connecting up the standard plugs? IE taking the GI out of the circuit is dead easy just unplug it and plug standard leads together as it's on a Y-sort of cable?
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Hi HiFi,

Thanks for that info - i will email Healtech support.

I think I can turn off the TRE using the menu on the gear module, i'll turn it off and try it out. I was thinking along the same lines as its never done it before fitting the GiPro.

Thanks for your help.

Daz
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

I tried turning it off, you can sort of 'long press' the GIPro to get into the various menu options. A manual can be downloaded here for interested parties: https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/atre/
I also tried setting different TRE modes, something like bypass is 1N23456 and full on is 5N55555? Be very interested in what the makers say :happyhappy:
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Quick Update -

Contacted HealTech about the issues with the GIpro and there is an issue with the firmware on the model I have. They have been very prompt and easy to deal and I now have to get an replacement unit from the suppliers under warranty.

Cheers,

Daz
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

That's good to know. Would be interesting to see what versions of the firmware you had before and after....
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Hi HiFi,

My faulty unit has firmware 14122, it's pretty simple to check via the gear indicator. I'll let you know the new code once I get time to remove the old one, package it, ship it, wait for new one, install it & test it!!!. :?

I did ask HealTech several times if the removal, packaging & shipping of the faulty unit was all at my cost & am still waiting for a direct answer!.

The options are to send back the unit to the Aussie supplier or to their factory in Hungary for a new unit as the firmware can only be changed by them.

They have been helpful and very prompt with replies etc.

Cheers,

Daz
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

The saga carries on!.

Returned unit some 4 weeks ago, they can't be definite that the new unit will have the new firmware on it??, they are still selling the faulty units?? - one massive cock up!.

May just ask for a refund if it doesn't turn up in the next week or so. :angry:
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Well that's rubbish then :naughty:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Hey Daz , i have not had any problems with my healtech , how do you check the firmware ? How did you wire it up? Have to catch up sometime, coros just across the road from here.
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Hi Ozz, firmware is checked via the touch tap menu on the top of the unit (G2 model). Wired as instructions. HealthTech have said its a problem with the firmware version and have had others with the same problems.

Wish I have sent it back to Hungary now as it would probably been quicker than Queensland!.

Catch up anytime mate - just PM me. Normally shoot up into the hills over the weekends.
Dazzle
On the Road

Post by Dazzle »

Update! -

New unit fitted after the loooong wait for replacement and took it out for a long very sweaty (40 degs) test ride. All good, no warning lights or issues.

Bike ran a lot smoother at lower revs on number 6 in the tre settings.

Pleased now its working properly but its been way to much hassle to sort out! :woot:
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Great result, good thing too after a three month wait. Don't suppose you've had a chance to see what firmware is on the replacement unit?