Project Polar-Raptor

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
V4mp
On the Road

Re: Project Polar-Raptor

Post by V4mp »

andybaggies wrote: 7 years agoBTW why did you use the R1 yokes as didn't the forks slip into the existing ones?
I used R1 yokes so I could use R1 wheel, brake discs and brake calipers without any spacers or machining.
andybaggies wrote: 7 years ago I suspect this may well be decided by how the horns limit travel more than anything else.
First I went and tried to use clip-ons.
I bought LSL Offset High Handlebar Kit. But actually lower part of the front fairing was limiting factor. Bars didn't hit anything but there weren't enough space to fit controls. That means I have to go with normal handlebar.
In future I might want try to fit clip-ons again. Something in clip-ons fascinates me. :evil:
For that I need fork extension so I can move clip-ons from under the top yokes to upper side of top yoke.

Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

So from clip-ons to fatbar...
Little teaser. 8)

andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I used R1 yokes so I could use R1 wheel, brake discs and brake calipers without any spacers or machining.
Doh! missed that point :oops: which is obvious now you have mentioned it !
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

For handlebar I needed to drill holes for risers.
That wasn't a big deal, but I had to go for fatbar risers because I couldn't get normal risers fast enough or they were some kind of China crap. Which meant I couldn't use old handlebar.
So I bought LSL x-bar risers, LSL x01 superbike handlebar and LSL Sport grips.
I also installed Motogadgets m.blaze disc barend turn signals, plan is to remove V-Raptor indicator pods and replace them with some kind of covers. I think those indicator pods make V-Raptor front look bit bulky.

V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

When I was playing with handlebars I started to smell petrol... after small search I founded the cause, fuel pump seal has started to leak. :shock: Because I needed to remove fuel pump from tank, I thought it would be good time to replace fuel filter also.
I was pretty shocked when I removed fuel pumps plastic cover. Fuel pump base plate was badly corroded. It was a huge work to get it cleaned. I also added quick release connector to fuel return line making fuel tank removal easier.

V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Pictures from summers second ride.
Started to adjust front forks... Seems like I need harder front springs. :geek:
There are still thing to do, paint front fender, mount bellypan...

gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

nice work!
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Looks awesome. ..love the single sided swing arm!
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Bellypan and front fender mounted.

Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Nicely done.
Some more detailed photos please! :D
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

I have to wash bike before I can take any detailed photos. :D
But they are coming before winter and snow arrives.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Mate thats coming on nicely, actually you have given me some inspiration! I normally don't like pulling panels off just for the sake of it and after some thought i decided to remove those bulbus indicator pods, ahhh sacrilege :toocool:
Well what an improvement ,talk about turning the fat lady slim :woot: (not that there's anything wrong with fat ladies :D ) and i have already started on making a couple of s/s infill panels as the mounting hardware where the pods once were is aleady there, and add some nice flushmount mini carbon indicators! Those indicator pods just don't do the bike any justice! :happyhappy: Must remember not to throw them out. So what was wrong with the LSL bars ? Were they clearing everything when turning the bars? I sort of like them.
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

Hey, if you don't need those pods anymore, I will be glad to help you save some space in your storage!! :tada:

And this post is for anyone who has pods and don't use them ;-)

Come on, guys! this is the very last part I'm looking for to complete my rebuilt! a tiny single right pod....
Pleaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeee! :wavesad:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote: 6 years ago Mate thats coming on nicely, actually you have given me some inspiration! I normally don't like pulling panels off just for the sake of it and after some thought i decided to remove those bulbus indicator pods, ahhh sacrilege :toocool:
Well what an improvement ,talk about turning the fat lady slim :woot: (not that there's anything wrong with fat ladies :D ) and i have already started on making a couple of s/s infill panels as the mounting hardware where the pods once were is aleady there, and add some nice flushmount mini carbon indicators! Those indicator pods just don't do the bike any justice! :happyhappy: Must remember not to throw them out.
Looking great ozz. :thumbsup:
I have to make infill panels too!
ozzraptor wrote: 6 years ago So what was wrong with the LSL bars ? Were they clearing everything when turning the bars? I sort of like them.
There isn't enough space to mount controls if clip-ons are below top yoke.
I need fork extensions then I can mount clip-ons top of top yoke.
Lexio62
On the Road

Post by Lexio62 »

I'm looking to get custom (flat) top yokes made up to fit the raptor with retaining the cagiva wheel.