Re: GPR pipes

Post by ozzraptor »

shebee wrote:55 years agoThat really is lovely! :happyhappy:
tanks
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

My, she really is looking schmick, I really must clean mine, been too busy riding!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoMy, she really is looking schmick, I really must clean mine, been too busy riding!
I rode mine today without that switchy thingamajiggy, just no neutral light. It runs really nice, nice smooth tight gearbox and it doesnt feel like its lost any grunt with the open exhaust (street)version and snorkelisation :D Brembos feel great now with the new levers, the front brake master was not operating correctly with the old levers , not sure what they were off but all good now.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ah, good to know that not having the safety device doesn't stop you riding. Yeah this was my first experience of a Suzi gearbox and I'm loving it! :thumbsup:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoAh, good to know that not having the safety device doesn't stop you riding. Yeah this was my first experience of a Suzi gearbox and I'm loving it! :thumbsup:
yes i have just come from a clunky ducati gearbox, false neutrals and hard to get in first sometimes with some people experiencing dropping out of gear and thats on a new bike :shock:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I'm really loving that ceramic coating, was it exy? Much prep involved? Something else for the "when I've got a job" list!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoI'm really loving that ceramic coating, was it exy? Much prep involved? Something else for the "when I've got a job" list!
Lou it was $85 for both link pipes, if i wasnt so lazy i would have done the whole system , i am thinking of heat wrapping the rest !
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

That's not too bad, so at a guess it'd be about double that, or a bit more, to do the headers as well, cheers!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoThat's not too bad, so at a guess it'd be about double that, or a bit more, to do the headers as well, cheers!
yes i wish i had the whole system done now , looks much better than rusty brown and ceramic has other benefits as well as looking good
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoFitted these today, slightly modded shorter link pipe, just need to finish off. Huge weight gain over stock and can feel the difference when riding. These are the street legal homologated version in case i need to use the db killlers . Went for a short run through the twisties , all i can say is WOW ,the bike has really come to life the way a tl engine should be.

How she looks today.
Took the rap out for its first run after chain and pipes fitted, running beatuifully 8)

Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Great shot, that's a very nice arse you've got there, hope your missus don't mind me saying so! :lol:

Really like the shady "mean and moody" perspective, she can't wait to hit that corner :revrev:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoGreat shot, that's a very nice arse you've got there, hope your missus don't mind me saying so! :lol:

Really like the shady "mean and moody" perspective, she can't wait to hit that corner :revrev:
No she says it all the time lol , and mate don't these bikes like the corners, i feel like i am riding a 250
Last edited by ozzraptor on |November 18th, 2014|, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Another pic of her, she is very photogenic and spyke i know you did your brake lines recently, i just fitted a new goodridge to the rear and you guessed it, came with wrong banjo :angry: so i had to put the stocker back on for now.