cafe racer

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
raptor996
On the Road

cafe racer

Post by raptor996 »

Here's another pic I saved from a long time ago,not very good quality, I like the cafe racer look especialy the spoke wheels. I would love to fit them to mine if money was no object!.Image Norton ish?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: cafe racer

Post by ozzraptor »

love the spoke wheels
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Beautiful - a classic!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Very nice
Bit of a Muppet
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I'd love to do something similar with mine. Only problem is that I don't like race bikes and have never got on with clip-ons. However, I've been caught up with the whole caff racer thing that's going on at the moment and if I had enough money, I'd love to go in that direction with the Rap.

Always wondered about the bars and if they would clear the tank. Presume that if you got them low enough they would actually be under the tank on full lock?
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

i had wide adjustable ace bars on mine for a while and they were good, the only problem was i had to fit bolts to reduce the steering lock to stop them hitting the tank, which made 3 point turns into 10 point turns. :(
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I love looking at cafe racer style bikes but would hate to go back to riding one again!

In my yoof, I had a number of that style, the most extreme (worst to ride) being a Rickman Metisse 750T140V engine which was fitted with twin steering dampers and it took 10 point turns and turned me into a hooker after every ride!

Dont even consider it as a possibility (not at our age!)
nil illigitimae carborundum
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I had clip-ons on a few of my past bikes - Yammy RD400, Norton Commando, Laverda Jota - and without exception I found that I was actually riding them half as fast and only half as far between stops for a leg stretch and hip-supple. It sort of felt good at times, like I was straddling an inter-continental missile, but ultimately I was riding slower.

As far as I'm concerned, if I'm not doing more than 90, then I don't really have to duck out of the wind.