New paint job

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
norrie
On the Road

New paint job

Post by norrie »

New paint job and powder coat. Tank and mudguard done in Ford ST orange and wheels etc powder coated Kawasaki green. Hope you like it as I do. 8)

Still got a lot to do but getting there. Next job is to fit a tail tidy and small plate. Also going to order a load of stainless fasteners etc oh and a hugger to paint and fit that Snappy kindly gave me. :mrgreen:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shedmonkey
APM

Re: New paint job

Post by shedmonkey »

Tidy ,thought you were saving the reveal for the raptor event?
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

By fekk Norrie, that is some inyercoupon colour scheme.
All you need is a red seat unit and its a traffic light :wink: :D :evil: :nerner:

Next time keep the glasses on yer heid and not beside the whusky bottle............ :oops: :drunk: :drunk:
nil illigitimae carborundum
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoBy fekk Norrie, that is some inyercoupon colour scheme.
All you need is a red seat unit and its a traffic light :wink: :D :evil: :nerner:

Next time keep the glasses on yer heid and not beside the whusky bottle............ :oops: :drunk: :drunk:
Listen to the man with the tarts hand bag. :lol:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

LOL, kinda lairy for me too, but as long as you're happy that's all that really counts! My mechanic warned me off plain stainless bolts as apparently they can have some chemical reaction with ally, so instead of the zinc coated stainless OEMs I have black ally bolts from Pro Bolt, they do a heap of colours, including orange: http://www.pro-bolt.com/vaf/product/lis ... 9&x=39&y=7

But I wouldn't recommend their M8*40 domes, the female hex in the head is too small to take any torque, but I told them about this and they let me swap my customer loyalty points for two M8*40 male hex that can take some torque.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Sorry mate i didn't see you?

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:shock:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

norrie wrote:55 years ago
Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoBy fekk Norrie, that is some inyercoupon colour scheme.

Listen to the man with the tarts hand bag. :lol:
Yup, but at least my handbag is co-ordinated and has the gok approval!!! :thumbsup: :lol: :nerner:
nil illigitimae carborundum
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoLOL, kinda lairy for me too, but as long as you're happy that's all that really counts! My mechanic warned me off plain stainless bolts as apparently they can have some chemical reaction with ally, so instead of the zinc coated stainless OEMs I have black
I dont think i will be round long enough to worry about things like that :lol:
I have slowly been replacing to Ti bolts and even those have a negative reaction with alloy but as the paint job says , do what you like so long as its different :thumbsup: nice work Norrie 8)
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Like the Orange. Saw a Buell painted that colour at the Lincs do a few years ago and thought it looked tasty. Wondered what the Rap would like like in the same paint. Now I know.

The green is bold. :blink:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I know someone with an SV in ST orange. It looks well with black decals.

Ummm, with green.... :?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge