Trying to rep the Rap.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: https://www.facebook.com/jack.

Re: Trying to rep the Rap.

Post by 03raptorincalifornia »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoYou are very welcome Jack,
yeah I've been here a long time (for my sins) :ride:

I most likely pressed the wrong button with '#' . wtf does that mean anyway? . :blink:
some comments of yours which were 'on hold' are now approved so that they'd show on the boards -- system holds back posts from new members in tech and other sections just in case we get AH's posting bad things -- this is something techy and geeky of which I know Nothing (thankfully) :blush:

Haha I'd hate to know what those sins are! LMAO :P
Okay, now I see... Yes, site management can be a huge pain in the butt.... I used to own several sites and worked on HTML, PHP, a little Java, and even Flash content :)

Spyke wrote:55 years ago
03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years agoSo, as far as I know, I am one of the few, or only owners of a Cagiva V-Raptor here in California. I bought it last year for the low price of $2,000 (That's £1497.85 for everyone else lol) Being that it's so rare out here, I have been spending a small fortune attempting to fix her up. It came originally with the original paint job/decals, only upgrade being a carbon fiber front wheel hugger and exhaust baffles.
Welcome aboard! Yeah first US rap I've heard of, although I think someone suggested most of the Xtras went there. Baffles are an upgrade? :? Must have some tight regulations!
Bike looks great, nice bars :happyhappy:
03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years agoI went ahead and purchased/installed the following:
carbon fiber front turn signals, black handlebar, front brake lever, adjustable heated grips, carbon fiber side panels, Euro style (round) brake/turn signals/license light assembly, HID Kit, K&N cleanable air filter, Dynojet Power Commander USB III (installed the 2001 Suzuki TL1000s 301-703 Euro model-Bos oval slip ons, dB killers installed, Stock or aftermarket filter), carbon fiber chest and knee tank pads, Battery Tender, Beowolf coolant/oil radiator RAPTOR 1000 stainless steel covers, carbon fiber belly pan, brake rotor lock/alarm, reupholstered the seat to carbon fiber look, and a nice new jet black with metallic clear coat paint job ;)
Those Beowulf guards are really growing on me, maybe they only look really loud when you focus on them specifically, and are better in the flesh. Did you need to change the grips anyway, I wouldn't have expected a need for heated in SOCAL. I'll need to watch that film again and spot your street.

I haven't seen any Xtras at all... I've searched for used parts on Craigslist and there's nothing for anything besides those Gran Canyons. There are definitely tight regulations, but who needs to know that my air regulator has been bypassed? :evil: The bars were a nice touch and yes, when Walmart hit the bike, they bent the handlebar, the grip, and the front brake lever, along with damage to the clutch case cover and exhaust pipe.

The Beowulf covers look great and I've had many compliments on them. I live in an area of higher elevation known as the High Desert (between Los Angeles and Las Vegas). It gets so cold it snows here some winters and is so dry/hot that when it rains it floods lol Right now it's been about 110 F (43.33 C)
- Jack
California Owner of the Cagiva V-Raptor 1000
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Wow, don't suppose you're "somewhere around Barstow"? :mrgreen:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

Spyke wrote:55 years agoWow, don't suppose you're "somewhere around Barstow"? :mrgreen:
30 minutes South, actually. Used to have my military functions take place in Barstow. ;)
- Jack
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Cool, when my lotto numbers come up I'll come and check out the bats and raptors! :happyhappy:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Hulloooo!
Nice wee bike you have there.
I was watching that cowl on ebay too, and expected it to rise to about £100. They are really rare....almost as a full bike in the US!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoHulloooo!
Nice wee bike you have there.
I was watching that cowl on ebay too, and expected it to rise to about £100. They are really rare....almost as a full bike in the US!
Thank you :) I saw the picture you had taken of you while riding... Definitely a great picture! Uh oh... I hope they're not that rare! If iI have the only bike here, then that was the only cowl left! Haha I'm sure another will turn up. I wonder if I can get the schematic and have someone here custom fabricate something ;)
- Jack
Jericho
On the Road

Post by Jericho »

That's a great looking rap!

Where did you get the knee tank pads?
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

Jericho wrote:55 years agoThat's a great looking rap!

Where did you get the knee tank pads?
Thanks, Jericho! I actually got them from a Honda eBay listing and cut off the logo and installed by eye.... They're actually a bit crooked, but didn't want to fook anything up by trying to reinstall.

Here's a link to the ones I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-VFR1200F- ... e7&vxp=mtr
- Jack
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

So, hard to find carbon fiber parts for a good price, so I decided to paint the parts carbon fiber :D This was my first attempt. Only $10 :)
Clutch Cover Case
Clutch Cover Case
20140812_102813.gif (246.56 KiB) Viewed 7626 times
Horns
Horns
20140812_085157.gif (219.39 KiB) Viewed 7626 times
- Jack
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

shebee wrote:55 years agoWhere abouts in CA are you?
I live in Southern California, in a small town called Victorville. If you've seen the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, you've seen my street. When he's in the first race still in the U.S. against the kid with the sport car (Porsche, I believe?), they go through a little housing area just down the street from me lol[/quote]

Well well, bloody Hell! I was in Victorville a week or two ago. Or rather, I was passing through. Or rather, I was trying to find my way out of the place. Due to inadequate detail on my map, I was struggling to find the road through the Lucerne Valley so I could get on to Route 62 heading East to Havasu.

I was going the other way the week earlier, but got turned back at the California border due to heavy rain!!! We get enough of that over here :x . Had to go North to the interstate and spent the night in Barstow. Small world and all that.

Welcome (Pity you only announced yourself after I'd left for my hols).
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

Red Mist wrote:55 years ago
shebee wrote:55 years agoWhere abouts in CA are you?
I live in Southern California, in a small town called Victorville. If you've seen the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, you've seen my street. When he's in the first race still in the U.S. against the kid with the sport car (Porsche, I believe?), they go through a little housing area just down the street from me lol

Well well, bloody Hell! I was in Victorville a week or two ago. Or rather, I was passing through. Or rather, I was trying to find my way out of the place. Due to inadequate detail on my map, I was struggling to find the road through the Lucerne Valley so I could get on to Route 62 heading East to Havasu.

I was going the other way the week earlier, but got turned back at the California border due to heavy rain!!! We get enough of that over here :x . Had to go North to the interstate and spent the night in Barstow. Small world and all that.

Welcome (Pity you only announced yourself after I'd left for my hols).[/quote]

Oh wow! Definitely a small world! Yes, would have been nice to have sat down for coffee or a drink and talk haha Hope you had fun in Havasu! So much partying goes on there, it's insane! We've only had a very small bit of rain this summer (marking two years of drought), so that's very unfortunate!
- Jack