Project Polar-Raptor

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Project Polar-Raptor

Post by ozzraptor »

mate the belly pan looks awesome, i am not really into the sv type but this one is perfection! Do you have a link ? White lenses look great :nod:
Last edited by ozzraptor on |April 16th, 2015|, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agomate the belly pan looks awesome, i am not really into the sv type but this one is perfection! Do you have a link ? White lenses look great :nod:
You got also a good taste ! 8)
You cant buy this belly pan from any www-site they dont make it anymore, BUT there is one guy (modelcompositi) in Raptormaniaforum.it who makes carbon fiber pieces for Raptors, register to that site and send PM to him if you want one. ;)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks mate , i cant beleive he doesn't go into full production with those , i bet the tl guys would go nuts over those.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoThanks mate , i cant beleive he doesn't go into full production with those , i bet the tl guys would go nuts over those.
Haha, I'm sure that tl guys would go nuts !
But maybe he is so patriotic that he cant think anything so beautiful as his bellypan could be fitted something that isnt Italian... :mrgreen:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoThanks mate , i cant beleive he doesn't go into full production with those , i bet the tl guys would go nuts over those.
Haha, I'm sure that tl guys would go nuts !
But maybe he is so patriotic that he cant think anything so beautiful as his bellypan could be fitted something that isnt Italian... :mrgreen:
ha ha no argumnent from me there even if the motor is jap, i must have one of those belly pans :nod:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agomate the belly pan looks awesome, i am not really into the sv type but this one is perfection! Do you have a link ? White lenses look great :nod:
You cant buy this belly pan from any www-site they dont make it anymore, BUT there is one guy (modelcompositi) in Raptormaniaforum.it who makes carbon fiber pieces for Raptors, register to that site and send PM to him if you want one. ;)
Thanks for the heads up on the lower, it has been paid for and now into production stage :mrgreen: :happyhappy:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
Thanks for the heads up on the lower, it has been paid for and now into production stage :mrgreen: :happyhappy:
:thumbsup:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Short update:
Received new radiator cap yesterday, hopefully weather gets better at least before end of the week so I can test does it work. New one is the one that isnt apart :mrgreen:
Bike is "almost ready" for summer rides, the biggest thing missing is warm weather ! :angry:
Front mudguard still needs modifications and indicator pods sanding and paint, but those doesnt disturbs driving... Pictures from Raptor when riding begins, but here are those radiator caps.
CAM00694 – Kopio.jpg
CAM00694 – Kopio.jpg (90.67 KiB) Viewed 11960 times
CAM00695 – Kopio.jpg
CAM00695 – Kopio.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 11960 times
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

The M unit is a need bit of stuff. I like it. I think your discs are floating types, the rivets are meant to be loose.
Stay calm.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

pod wrote:55 years agoThe M unit is a need bit of stuff. I like it. I think your discs are floating types, the rivets are meant to be loose.
The M-unit is on my want list which is pretty long... I think this project will never be finished. :blush:

"Modern motorcycle discs tend to have a floating design whereby the disc "floats" on bobbins and can move slightly, allowing better disc centering with a fixed caliper. A floating disc also avoids disc warping and reduces heat transfer to the wheel hub." - Wikipedia

You are right, those are floating discs and , but I don't think they should move sideways as much they do now. I didn't try with old discs how much they move sideways, but felt pretty robust and new ones move more than couple of mm using only bare hands. If you have stock discs can you test how much they move ?
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Here is link to my Drive and V-Raptor folder, hope you can see it.
I start to collect my project pictures there.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

Some discs float more than others, if you fork out for Brembo "racing discs " they float a lot more than stock Brembos, I would try your oriental discs first before writing them off.
Stay calm.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

pod wrote:55 years agoSome discs float more than others, if you fork out for Brembo "racing discs " they float a lot more than stock Brembos, I would try your oriental discs first before writing them off.
Hmm, maybe you're right... Hopefully I can find them somewhere :doh:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoHere is link to my Drive and V-Raptor folder, hope you can see it.
I start to collect my project pictures there.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
8) I like the black rims over silver
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Link works for me too. I love the blue park light, and the black rims, thanks for adding to my to-do list. 8)
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.