Red Mist Wish List

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Red Mist
On the Road

Red Mist Wish List

Post by Red Mist »

Hi All!

Sorry that I've not posted recently but I have been riding my Red Beastie-sickle. Just got back from my final blast of 2014 - a quick 100 mile jaunt round the Yorkshire Dales on mainly wet and mucky roads.

This is before I got stuck in with a bucket of soapy water. I'm pleased to say that it scrubbed up nicely considering its age and that I've ridden it through several particularly nasty winters. Anyway, the tax runs out today, so it's now in the garage and I'm just about to write a letter to Santa.

Necessary buys before it sees the road again are:

New front tyre, chain and sprockets, clutch cable, brake lever, shock absorber, oil and filters etc. Maybe new front discs as well.

I also need to fix a low speed running problem so will look at plugs, air-filter, and HT leads.

Would love to give it a new coat of paint on the tank, seat panels, wheels and hangers, and a new exhaust system would be the icing on the cake. However, money is very short indeed. I really do hope the photos in the Spring show some real improvements. Knowing me, you'll just see the same bike with a few bits broken or missing. :(

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration on these pages. I'll be reading through many posts seeking help and info and will no doubt be asking for plenty of advice from all of you who have already done the business. Right, where's me mole grips....
snapdragon

Re: Red Mist Wish List

Post by snapdragon »

enjoy your winter 'chores' Red :D
my winter list starts >book her in with the man that cleans bikes. that's it so far :roll:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Even mucky she looks good, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic from the front, that looks like a different headlight unit on top of the standard mounts, is it not?

You never need to apologise for having been out riding. :mrgreen:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years ago You never need to apologise for having been out riding.
......... a cagiva :D
Ged (Red Mist)

Post by Ged (Red Mist) »

My God, my bikes been sat in a state of limbo in my garage since 2014!!!! Didn't realise it was that long. :o Well I said in my first post on this thread that the next photos you saw of the bike would be the same but with a few bits broken, and that's not far off how it's turned out. It just took a bit longer than the following Spring.

I took various bits off the bike, cleaned and oiled it, and then stuck it under a tarpaulin until a month or two ago when I bolted all the bits back together. Not very good eh :( . In the intervening period I have been in and out of a number of poorly paid jobs and every time I seem to have been getting some money saved up, one of my other bikes/car/house has gone wrong and demanded the cash.

So it still looks nice and is pleasingly free of any significant corrosion, but it's certainly not a going concern at present. Anyways, I'm still here, glad to see all the others who are too. Just been enjoying a browse around. Hi again folks :tada:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome back :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Yes, welcome back! I thought I was slow in doing stuff to my bikes, but you are The Man!

Dianne and I went out on our twin Raptors on the occasion of her Biblical Birthday this week and enjoyed most of the ride. Though we set off in sunshine, I could see that there were black clouds in the direction we were headed but felt that her rare rides ought to be more than just around the houses, so I kept my fingers crossed. Not crossed enough sadly, as we hit a downpour which at least was short-lived, but from then on the roads were very mucky. We braved it though, without mishap, and felt like we wuz proper bikers! That's not quite the end of the story because, in addition to the necessary cleaning, the 1000's front brakes have gone all limp again, so the calipers definitely need a service. The 650 is going very well though! :thumbsup:

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

So it still looks nice and is pleasingly free of any significant corrosion, but it's certainly not a going concern at present. Anyways, I'm still here, glad to see all the others who are too. Just been enjoying a browse around. Hi again folks :tada:
Yo, 6 years? Pah! I can beat that I've had an old Ducati bevel under a tarp for 24 years and have only just started it's resto.

You're looking around the site so it won't be long before you get it sorted... enjoy :revrev:

Andy B
Ged (Red Mist)

Post by Ged (Red Mist) »

Hello good people of the Raptor Chapter. Well it's been another bumpy couple of years. Not so much with the Covid but just my employment situation - another couple of months out of work recently - and endless demands on my wallet.

I've pretty much given up on the bike as I have with a lot of stuff. Not being downbeat, just realistic. I've always been full of ambition with ideas of what I'll get round to doing 'one day'. I've decided that what I've not done so far will probably never happen.

I've come to the conclusion that Project Raptor is one of these things.

In what feels like a capitulation, I've decided to sell the beastie. It's as described in my opening post, a complete bike but one that will demand a few quid to get back on the road. Parts required are as already listed; tyres, chain, shock, brake lever, whatever else I said, and a battery too. Most of the bike is in fine nick and the engine is very mechanically sound.

Because of the amount of money involved to get it back on the road, I'll take £500 for it as it is from any of the people here. Otherwise I'll try and get a bit more from the wider public.

I'll try and remember how to upload photos so you can see how clean it is. If anybody wants to get in touch, call in the evening, or text on 07884 076648. I live about 40 miles north of Manchester UK and the bike will have to be collected.

Sorry about this, I'd planned on it being a keeper but given my current situation, that's a bit too indulgent.