It's done...for now

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
OkBails
On the Road

It's done...for now

Post by OkBails »

Well, I've spent the last few days madly painting to get the Rap ready for licensing. It's booked in tomorrow to get inspected and rego'd as it was accident damaged when I bought it. I had replaced all the bent and broken bits and modified the bits I can't buy anymore so there was just the panel/paint to do. The tank and front mudguard still need to be cut back and polished but that'll have to wait til the weekend as the paint won't be hard enough yet. It has terrible orange peel. I'll ride it around in its current guise for the summer (providing it passes licensing...lol) and maybe, depending on finances, make the cafe racer out of it during the winter months next year when it's parked up in the garage. The exhaust will be different so I'm not wasting money replacing the dented muffler, especially when a RHS Staintune pipe costs $800...!!!!!! and that's direct from them too. If there is anyone on here that has a damaged LHS Staintune and wants to replace it with my good one, I'll sell it to you for $500 (it's like brand new) and I'll be able to buy two cheaper mufflers.
The seat was supposed to have been re-shaped and recovered at Scotts Trimmers in Wangara but two and a half weeks wasn't enough time for them to do it so I pulled it out. Can't license a bike with no seat!! Anyone know of a good trimmers in the northern suburbs of Perth?
I've got some ideas for tank decals but need a good printer to make up the stickers. Anyone know of a good sticker printer in Perth?
I've got a tail tidy on the way but can't fit that until it's been through licensing. The wheels will be painted as well, but not sure what colour combo the cafe will be yet. They will probably end up silver or black.

What do you guys think?
Bails
Resurrecting V Raptor 1000
norrie
On the Road

Re: It's done...for now

Post by norrie »

Yeah it's getting there mate. Hope you get it Licensed ok. :ride:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
OkBails
On the Road

Post by OkBails »

Well, that was a bust :angry:

They need a "modification approval" because of the mods I've done. That's gonna take a week at least as I have to fill it out and send it in. No online option for this one, I'm afraid. Oh well, I had a blast riding it around on a permit today so all is not lost. It'll be worth the drama once it's done.
I might get another permit for a joy ride next week too...lol
Bails
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Ohh bugger hope it gets sorted

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

That's a bummer. Oh well I'm sure it will all work out. :thumbsup:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

That's annoying. Looks fine to me. Any plans for the footrest hangers? They look a bit 'abbreviated' as they are at the mo. Are you going to replace them, chop them down a bit more, or just leave 'em as they are?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Yeah if your not planning on two up you could chop those triangles down nice and neat , and maybe polish them :shock: or something like that also there's a couple of hangers on italy ebay somewhere.
OkBails
On the Road

Post by OkBails »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoYeah if your not planning on two up you could chop those triangles down nice and neat , and maybe polish them :shock: or something like that also there's a couple of hangers on italy ebay somewhere.
Is it the Pedane arretrate ones? If so, do they fit well? I've just had a look and they're the cheapest I could find at €199.

The rearsets were cut there as the right side broke when trying to straighten it just behind the brake mas. cyl. I just ground it down smooth and cut the left to match. It was only temp to get it on the road as will be licensed as solo when it becomes a cafe (if that ever happens...I'm starting to have my doubts now) I've got a bit of thinking to do over this weekend.

Cheers
Bails
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Just my opinion it would look better for the inspection as well instead of looking like it came straight from an accident . They might consider those pieces cut like that dangereous, i might be wrong . The hangers were the stock type, will try to find the link .
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I like these aftermarket ones, especially if you dont need the pillion type standard hanger.
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Pedane-arretrate ... 51a3532fc2
OkBails
On the Road

Post by OkBails »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoJust my opinion it would look better for the inspection as well instead of looking like it came straight from an accident . They might consider those pieces cut like that dangereous, i might be wrong . The hangers were the stock type, will try to find the link .
Trouble is, if I cut them off there, I have nowhere to mount the rear brake m/cyl and res. as they are mounted on those two arms. I'll have to find some original ones or go the aftermarket route. I'll trawl the burbs on Monday and look for a racing shop that makes this sort of stuff. Good excuse to get another 48hr fun pass.
Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it.

Cheers
Bails
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Sorry to hear, I've never heard of this permit, but at least now you know I suppose.

I saw http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/351005678997 that might work for you, haven't heard of any good local places.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: https://www.facebook.com/jack.

Post by 03raptorincalifornia »

OkBails wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoJust my opinion it would look better for the inspection as well instead of looking like it came straight from an accident . They might consider those pieces cut like that dangereous, i might be wrong . The hangers were the stock type, will try to find the link .
Trouble is, if I cut them off there, I have nowhere to mount the rear brake m/cyl and res. as they are mounted on those two arms. I'll have to find some original ones or go the aftermarket route. I'll trawl the burbs on Monday and look for a racing shop that makes this sort of stuff. Good excuse to get another 48hr fun pass.
Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it.

Cheers
Ran into this problem myself. Best off with those rear sets we've seen on eBay. Damn, why's it so difficult to register there? For here, it's a bit of a pain as well, but would have definitely passed the safety portion and there's no classification for 1 or 2 riders, that I know of lol
- Jack
California Owner of the Cagiva V-Raptor 1000
OkBails
On the Road

Post by OkBails »

I've submitted a modification request so I'll wait and see what they say. I've also included the mods for a cafe racer style change in the request so I don't have to worry every time a cop is following me. I haven't heard back yet but it is the Christmas break. The bike is finished, just need the approval.

Cheers
Bails
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: https://www.facebook.com/jack.

Post by 03raptorincalifornia »

Looks great! Can hardly tell there was ever any damage at all! :) :thumbsup:
- Jack
California Owner of the Cagiva V-Raptor 1000