Re: A Canary Cafe Racer

Post by shebee »

Looking good there!
Twisted Tequila Sister
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

shebee wrote:55 years agoLooking good there!
Muchas gracias :thumbsup:
I picked up the seat after the uplystery!
The job is not perfect but for 40€ I think it's look great :) http://postimg.org/image/6fludbvwh/
Saludos desde Canarias
ChampRaptor

Post by ChampRaptor »

Hi there,first of all well done for your project as I like it a lot man,i need to ask you off which bike is the adjustable shock you fitting on your Raptor?as I'm thinking of changing mine as standart is limited on setting.last week I ve change front forks oil and I just upgraded the thickness and I'm quote happy with the hardiness I got but at the back I need more because its still soft
ChampRaptor

Post by ChampRaptor »

Hi there,i would like to say welldone for your bike ,it looks amazing ,great modifications ,I need to ask you off which bike is the rear shock as I'm thinking of changing my Cagiva Raptor standart shock as it limited from settings?
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

ChampRaptor wrote:55 years agoHi there,i would like to say welldone for your bike ,it looks amazing ,great modifications ,I need to ask you off which bike is the rear shock as I'm thinking of changing my Cagiva Raptor standart shock as it limited from settings?
The rear shock is from a Yamaha R1 :happyhappy:
But it's some mm shorter than the oem unit
Saludos desde Canarias
ChampRaptor

Post by ChampRaptor »

Thanks mate for your help .I appreciate it :thumbsup: :happyhappy:
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Lately I have been busy with other toys but now I'm up to finish the Raptor.
The thing is that it doesn't work well...
It started then stalled
First we started it then the fuel pump stop working so I replaced the pump.
Now this evening I try ed again now the pump runs but it still doesn't start....
We will se what's happen tomorrow
Saludos desde Canarias
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

I think that I found the electrical problems. It was due to two things first of all is that the bike has an tip over sensor and I dident have it upright when I tried the bike and the second is that the ignition switch is in a base shape, I'm now waiting for the switch that has been ordered.
I have also put on a some nice gold coloured GSXR forks with R1 callers on the front of the bike wich looks great.
I'm redoing the rear of the bike again as the look of rear end dident convince me, now I have lowered the subchasis again and I'm making a new saddle and I have swapped the rear lights for something more conventional.
Saludos desde Canarias
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Pictures, please. ;)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

V4mp wrote:55 years agoPictures, please. ;)
Fue new front and rear..
Saludos desde Canarias
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

I'm also working on a new rear end as I dident feel good with the previous design.ImageImageImageImageImage
Saludos desde Canarias
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

So where did the Raptor front end go???
To the SV650 that im building to my wifeImageImageImage
Saludos desde Canarias
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Cor blimey there's some work going on there ! Will be interested to see what the rear end looks like.

The SV is looking pretty good also. Like the twin exhausts.
I have also put on a some nice gold coloured GSXR forks with R1 callers on the front of the bike wich looks great.
What GSXR did they come off and any issue with fitting, disks, axles etc? BTW I also notice you have clips ons - do you reckon the standard bars would clear the fork preload adjusters?

Andy B
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

andybaggies wrote:55 years agoCor blimey there's some work going on there ! Will be interested to see what the rear end looks like.

The SV is looking pretty good also. Like the twin exhausts.
What GSXR did they come off and any issue with fitting, disks, axles etc? BTW I also notice you have clips ons - do you reckon the standard bars would clear the fork preload adjusters?

Andy B
The exhaust's tips used on the SV is brand Laser made for the Fz6 that I bought used for 125€ the 4 of them. Then I sold the two I dident use for 100€ to a guy :thumbsup:

I did never try the standard steering bars with the gixer forks, but It may be a lack of space to make adjustments on them.
I use the lower tripleclamps from the gixer and the upper one from the raptor, on udder hand at the SV650 I use the lower one unit from the raptor and the upper from the gixer.
I have to change this clipson's for a couple of riser units as if not they touch the fuel tank when I turn on the Raptor
Saludos desde Canarias
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

andybaggies wrote:55 years ago

Andy B
It's easy to fit the Raptor front wheel to the gixer forks as the axle have the same diameter on both. You has to machine the length a bit on the axle and play a bit with spacers between the fork and the wheel.
But as I says it'san easy task!
the callipers at the photo is the gixer unit, now I changed them for a couple of R1 callipers as they make better braking.ImageImage
Saludos desde Canarias