Airbox mod and where can I get a temperature sensor

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Bloke23uk
On the Road

Airbox mod and where can I get a temperature sensor

Post by Bloke23uk »

Hi there can anyone tell how to do the airbox mod my bike was stolen but been recovered now but they have taken the airbox I'm managed to get a air box but need air temperature sensor for it which I carnt find anywhere also need to do the box mod if any one can help be much appreciated thanks
Miz
On the Road

Re: Airbox mod and where can I get a temperature sensor

Post by Miz »

Why would they go to the trouble of removing the airbox?
152/999
Bloke23uk
On the Road

Post by Bloke23uk »

I have no idea they hacked at the wires aswell and took the seat and plastics I only had the bike 2 weeks I've just fitted a 2001 wire loom but the wires to the coil am different I'm startingvto pull my hair out lol
Bloke23uk
On the Road

Post by Bloke23uk »

I realy don't no why they took the airbox they also hacked at the wires tuck the seat and and plastic panels broke the indicators and and mirrors off I've got another problem I've just fitted a 2001 loom on my 2002 raptor but the coil pack wires seem to be different the 2002 had 4 connectors but the 2001 loom only has 1 plug with 3 wires is there a adapter wire that plugs in any help with this many thanks
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear of the theft. There are plenty of threads discussing airbox mods so give the search function a shot. Have you tried asking your Suzuki dealer for a TL1000S (or SV650) air temp sensor? Always remember she's a japper on the inside! Can't advise on your 3/4 wire problems though, but I'd start with the wiring diagrams and parts listings for the TL1000S and Raptor 1000 (or SV650 and baby Raptor) and see if you can work out what's supposed to be what.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Bloke23uk
On the Road

Post by Bloke23uk »

Will the air temperature sensor fit off a tl1000