A guy in Sweden with his 650.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Henning

A guy in Sweden with his 650.

Post by Henning »

Hello people!
I'm in possesion of a 2007 650 Raptor i bought at some €1000 with less than 8 000 kms on it. A true bargain. First owner a lady.
It was first bought to my lady to start with. She freaked out so i got her a '82 Honda XR125 instead. Now SHE i calm again. On the other hand i am not. I'm truly excited over this little piece of machine. Way to fun for her.

Having had 60 bikes plus this stands out in the crowd as the one i repetingy comments as "so bloody fun to ride" every time i get back from i ride. Now, i do live a bit aside suburbs on the country side with pretty nice roads. That does not make it any worse. Se movie clip in link for a short cruise taster.
http://gooo.se/Gqb

I am looking for the right year and model to fit a Aprilia Öhlins shock so if anyone knows i happy to recieve some useful tips. Also any tuning tricks or equal is being prethanked for. Exhaust? Replacement fork? Remember, i got is so frigging cheap anything put on is still withing normal pricing range for a second hand Raptor.

Well, i guess all is in here so i better shut the "breadchopper" in the lower face and start reading.

Regards
Henning Svedberg
Attachments
My one.
My one.
11402872_10152894141564109_5574514387326967789_o.jpg (222.31 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
Last edited by Henning on |April 7th, 2016|, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People asking why i possess more than one bike, just because i cannot ride more than one at a time, gets the answer 'Why do you have two brain cells'?
V4mp
On the Road

Re: A guy in Sweden with his 650.

Post by V4mp »

Henning wrote:55 years agoHello people!
I'm in possesion of a 2007 650 Raptor i bought at some €1000 with less than 8 000 kms on it. A true bargain. First owner a lady.
It was first bought to my lady to start with. She freajked out so i got her a '82 Honda XR125. Now she i calm again. On the other hand i am not.

Having had 60 bikes plus this stands out in the crowd as the one i repetingy comments as "so bloody fun to ride" every time i get back from i ride. Now, i do live a bit aside suburbs on the country side with pretty nice roads. That does not make it any worse. Se movie clip in link for a short cruise taster.
http://gooo.se/Gqb

I am looking for the right year and model to fit a Aprilia Öhlins shock so if anyone knows i happy to recieve some useful tips. Also any tuning tricks or equal is being prethanked for. Exhaust? Replacement fork? Remember, i got is so frigging cheap anything put on is still withing normal pricing range for a second hand Raptor.

Well, i guess all is in here so i better shut the "breadchopper" in the lower face and start reading.

Regards
Henning Svedberg
Hi!
You can get into the classified section once you have 5 posts.
Then check this out http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =19&t=4604
You might want to buy my monster package as forks upgrade. ;)
Last edited by V4mp on |April 8th, 2016|, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Henning

Post by Henning »

Thank you! :)
People asking why i possess more than one bike, just because i cannot ride more than one at a time, gets the answer 'Why do you have two brain cells'?
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Thanks!
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
seanax
On the Road

Post by seanax »

Best colour
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

If you want to upgrade the bike heres my take.
Handling, if you are not short fit different rear triangles to lift the rear a bit, helps cure headshakes, and feels better allround, top value.

For about £400 Maxton will rework the fork internals , this is a good fix for the undersprung overdamped stock units. Spendy, but no messing around making stuff fit.

Motor, if its a carby model fit the FI SV650 inlet cams, then fit the old inlets as the new exhausts, its written up online on SV 65o tuning pages.Cheaper than pipes and gives a real boost from 5k onwards. You do have to "pay attention " with this one and the cam sprockets need re marked ( no big deal though), my motor has been dynoed at 78 hp. Up from 72 as stock, no other changes apart from a wee bit more ignition advance. Its still quiet, but gets more fruity at the top end.
Its a days work.
Real performance , unlike a louder pipe which will upset the fuelling and only sound faster.
The rest of the bike is ace, just watch out for the crappy rear master cylinder and disc, the MC gets mushy and the discs can crack, a wavy replacement will fix the disc, and Aprillia mille bits fit ( easier to come by). Read about bleeding the rear somewhere on here.
Stay calm.
El Vikingo Tropical
On the Road

Post by El Vikingo Tropical »

Hejsan Henning.

The base is realy good what to improve is the suspensions.
You can find the used stuff at the scrapyards from diferent kind modern RR bikes.
I have a rear shocker from a Yamaha R1 and front fork from a Suzuki GSXR 1000

Hälsningar
Jan K
Saludos desde Canarias