Alps

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
shedmonkey
APM

Alps

Post by shedmonkey »

Just got back from a trip around the stunning alps.
Bike behaved reasonable well apart from rear wheel bearing went on the way back near Geneva so I sent the rest of the lads heading north as planned, and headed into Geneva to find some bearings using my trusty phone, cable tied to the horns (not good, I had ordered a Tom Tom rider prior to going and the seller let me down)as this was lunch time so all the shops were closed when I rang, so I headed for one of the shops anyway.

At some lights an old BMW ( 1980s 800gs with indicator dangling by its wires) pulled alongside so I asked in my best franglish where there was a bike shop, he said follow me, but the first one had gone out of business, the second was a flash Ducati shop which was closed for lunch. He knew a bar around the corner so I bought us a beer or two (they were just little) while we waited. They said they couldn't help, but suggested another shop (Speed Bike Geneva ,Cagiva ,Guzzi, MV and Husqvarna dealer) that went straight to a shelf without even looking at part numbers and pulled them out. Bernard the BMW rider had to leave he hurt a rib earlier in the day collecting firewood. The back tyre was dodgy so I asked if he could stick a new one on. I went on the hunt while waiting , for a charger for the phone and ended up getting a bit lost, but eventually I found my way back charger in hand to find bike fixed and Bernard returned he wanted to buy me a beer so we went to a micro brewery and had another but I annoyed him by not letting him buy it.

So heading to catch up with the lads went over some cool passes and twisty rounds and found the hotel. They had come via motorways and toll roads and got a bit lost en-route so only got there about about an hour before me.

There was another occasion where I put E85 in it by accident but it seems to have survived so far.
Well I suppose back to work.
Bit of a Muppet
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Alps

Post by shebee »

Excellent... glad you had a good time and got fixed ok. Meeting new peeps at the roadside is part of the adventure :happyhappy:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Sounds like a great adventure yer having there Shed!!!

Hopoe we are gonna get some pics up once you are back?
nil illigitimae carborundum
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Cool. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Sounds like a brilliant trip, being sidelined by fate is often the most memorable part. Enjoy the rest 😁
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Bernard the BMW rider was quite a character when we went into the first bar he told me that the barman wanted a BJ but also said he had a girlfriend so I will let you guess his sexual preferences.
But he saved my bacon that day so thank you Bernard.

There were one or two fallouts on the trip mainly relating to late starts, fag and coffee breaks(too many or too little depending on who you are) programming the sat nav, And organising a visit to somewhere hunting the area for it only to discover it being 20k away from us. Also sharing rooms can be a pain.

But the roads are great, lots of speed cameras and police sitting in lay byes though.

One lad dropped his bike at some traffic lights I heard him shouting and thought he was trying to get me to run the red to catch up with the others, but when I looked around realised what had happened. A following German chap helped also.

Well worth the hassle.
Bit of a Muppet
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Excellent adventure: well done! :thumbsup:

Nick