Urgent Help Please!!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Gavin
On the Road

Urgent Help Please!!

Post by Gavin »

Hi All,

I recently fitted a tail riser (with help and advice from Cavia and Steve). The chain then sat on the stock pipe when the riser was fitted.

I just bought and fitted new Carbon Company Cans today and I thought that would alleviate the chain issue BUT it hasn't. The chain is now sitting on the new pipes.

I don't want to take the riser off as I am average height and the bike now fits me perfectly.

Any hints/tips or anything at all that can help I would be very very grateful. (Just in case it comes up the chain is still on the pipe even when I am sat on it although only just). Don't have much play in the chain either but there must be a way to do this as plenty of people have fitted the riser.

Gavin
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I have scorpion cans fitted and have to keep ontop of my chain a lot more than i would expect because of clearance on the link pipe ,and thats with a standard shock link :x .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hey Gavin

I made a big aluminium spacer 25 mm wide and placed it where the cans hang at the footpegs
this places the exhausts more outwards thus clearing the downpipes from the chain.
Worked well for me and my bike is probably sitting higher than yours(triangles and longer shock)
will make some piccies this weekend that will make things more clear :D

cheers
No bike is ever finished!
Gavin
On the Road

Post by Gavin »

Thanks Cavia some pics would be great as I don't quite understand the process.

For the time being I put the old risers on but it really niggles me as with the higher risers bike was perfect for me.

Gavin
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi Gavin

Sorry I'm a bit late but had a lot of things on my mind lately :oops:
But Here are some pics :D

You can see the spacer I made and the chain clearance , this is with the rear fully unloaded and still some space left, chain slack is 35 mm here (with bike upright under its own weight) spacer is 25 mm wide and 30 mm dia.
hope this helps

cheers
dennis
Gavin
On the Road

Post by Gavin »

Thanks Dennis,

I did think that was a possibility and you have confirmed that.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pictures it is very generous of you.

Thanks
Gavin
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

you're welcome! :)