screen

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
AZ
On the Road

screen

Post by AZ »

Any one know where i can get a screen for my V-raptor .I saw a picture of one a month or so back but can`t remember where,anyone any idea`s.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

You can get 'em from skidmarx (01305)780808. Go for the 45cm long screen doesn't look that out of place on my V-raptor. You'll have to drill the 4 mounting holes in the horns (panic grips as i like to call 'em) which can be a bit heart in mouth if a blunt drill is used. Drill the holes out 5.5 or 6mm not the 10mm the instructions surgest. you'll also have to cut out some semicircular clearence holes either site of the plastic work around the speedo (covered up by the horns plastic work) to give clearence for the fixing rubbers.
Had a blast down the M62 last night and it's alot more comfortable at speed. :wink:
The delivery time on the screen is about a fortnight because they make 'em indervidually.
where's the bar?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Cheers, gonna order one next week.Don`t s`pose you`ve got a photo of your bike with the screen on have you :?: .

Cheers again ,AZ.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

I'm afraid i haven't got a camera, but the picture you're after is on the general chat thread for FAQ about getting pictures on the site (ironically enough) it's raptor mans silver V-RAPTOR.
Having said all that I only live on the other side of the border in halifax so if you wanna see one in the flesh i can pop over or visa versa. :)
where's the bar?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Cheers for the offer of seeing your bike but as i`m very busy at the moment i`ll have to decline and would not expect you to come all this way anyway.Think i`ll just get one anyway,i can always modify it if i want anyway.
Cheers,AZ.
Maybe meet soon if we can maybe arrange a nortern Raptor ride out somewhere and go and scare the peasants :lol: .
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Sounds like a plan for mayhem. :D Just don't make a date for the weekend as that is when i'm working.
where's the bar?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Had a look at the screens available and didn`t really like the profile of any of them and decided to make my own.
Done the fabrication by modifying my old CBR6 FV screen with a heat gun ,a dremmel ,and 4 bolts and i`m well happy with the results.Just got to paint it black and then i`ll post some pics.
In my opinion ,it looks better than any after market screen as i`ve started after the clocks and not tried to cover them and make the screen waaaay toooooo big.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Just got back from a ride out and the screen is the muts ...
Given me the high speed control i needed but lacked because i was fighting the wind blast.Good for 110mph cruising now as well.This bike just keeps getting better. 8)
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

just a few pics of my recycled cbr6 screen.
I think it`s got a far better profile than the one`s on offer ,and it cost me nowt :D
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

I did wonder where that screen came from. Nice job 8)
Did it keep the rain off better?
where's the bar?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

It`s a lot wider than the ones on offer but having not tried any of the others i can`t comment really.
Does keep the rain off better than nothing and my chest was still dry when i got home,which is more than i can say for my hands ,feet and underwear.
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Sorry I didn't say hello at east kirby, wasn't sure who was who. The screen i got seems to keep the rain off my chest, but my shoulders get soaked. besides if i wanted to stay totally dry i'd get my car licence. bugger that. :)
where's the bar?