Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Wow!
wayne
On the Road

single sided Raptor 1000

Post by wayne »

Thanx TL Monkey for posting the pics for me ( I tried and failed ), these pics were taken just before it was finished , hence missing brake lines etc. It's now running ( MOT hopefully this week ) but not on the road yet . The list of mods are as follows :shock:
VFR 750 swing arm with EBC shock ( extra lugs welded on the frame ),
One off s/s exhaust system by www.pro-mod-engineering.co.uk with a set of LOUD Pro-Mod race cans on ...
The seat is cut down & a CBR race seat grafted on ( alot of hours work !!! )
KTM Super Duke nosecone
Belly pan from Forza-italia
Rearsets from Italy
The paint job is Golf metallic black with a very fine blue metal flake on top.
It's also got goodridge hoses, stainless & anodised fixings ( not shown here ) and alot of polishing !
I've also sent these pics to Streetfighter Magazine & they're interested in featuring it :D
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Congratulations wayne you have a real crowd puller there,I'd hate to think how many hours and dollars (pounds) went into it but what a result !!

Regards,zorro 8)
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Nice bike wayne.
Will you be doing any rallies/shows this year :?:
If so I would like to put ours together when mine is finished and compare a few bits. :idea:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

ow yeah 8)

congrats mate, great looking bike! I can imagine all the hard work that went into it!
wayne
On the Road

Trick Raptor

Post by wayne »

Thanx chaps, I've invested alot of hours in this project , but planned on doing this when I bought the Raptor after seeing a single sided Ducati Monster with an MV f4 seat unit on a few years ago. I originally tried fitting a 916 swinger in ( it doesn't fit !!! ) and the MV seat ( didn't look right ). The VFR swinger went straight in , just had to machine some spacers up and get some lugs welded on the frame for the shock & linkages. All the mods I've done can be reversed ie I can put it back to standard ( all be it with a new paint job ) if need be.
Raptorman, I probably won't be doing any rallies on it but I am planning to do the Manx in 2008 with some mates on my other bike ( 1050 Speed Triple ) , I did the NW 200 ( mental ) on the Triple this year & got a little bit wet , in fact I got wet riding up ,got wet there and got drowned coming back , but the sun shone all day on race day !!! Bloody British weather...
raptorratte
On the Road

Post by raptorratte »

looks great
Drive it like you stole it
88/999
if you obey all the rules you miss al the fun
vraptorman
On the Road

Post by vraptorman »

I like that lots :D :D :D
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Thats a nice looking bike! I'd love the single sided swingarm on mine now!

How do you get on with the neighbours and those cans? Mine are moaning already and i have only just fitted my CCC cans! :evil: then again i do leave the house at 7am!
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
wayne
On the Road

noisy cans

Post by wayne »

thanx vraptorman and welcome, your's is pretty trick too , I remember it being in Streetfighters a while back ...
As for the noisy cans , I live in a close full of coffin dodgers ( no offence to anybody here over 70 ) and we call it gods waiting room ! Every time I fire it up the curtains start twitching and an ambulance turns up & takes another one away ....
Monk
On the Road

Post by Monk »

wow thats awesome.... and really really bad for me to see... im about to have some money form my parents selling their hotel, and its meant to be for my new flat..... but single sided swing arm is very very very tempting hehe.

on another note, where did you get your seat done ? ive got a cbr600 race seat on mine to, and your nice moulded seat looks alot more comfortable than the one ive got =)

also very glad its in black as it looks awesome and ive been contemplating having mine sprayed black for a while now, just wasnt sure how it would look - and then you post this, my minds set hehe

laters

Monk
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

This bike looks amazing... Mummy can I have one! :shock:

Congratulations on such a great work of art....
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Nice mods,this is why I love naked bikes,where does it end? love those pipes too :wink:

Regards,zorro 8)