radiator covers again.

General spannery stuff
RAKER

radiator covers again.

Post by RAKER »

Hi,can anybody tell me where I can get a rad cover for my 1000.I've tried all the usual suspects with no joy.I keep getting bugs up my cooling system and it's very nasty.Hope you can help.Rains stopped and the suns out,Somersets a good place to be. Raker
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

andy

Post by andy »

I found one on the powerbronze website (www.powerbronze.co.uk)
Miz
On the Road

Cover

Post by Miz »

Hiya,

Not sure but I think that they only do a cover for the oil cooler.

TIE

Miz.
152/999
stof
On the Road

Post by stof »

If you can't find one,I tried the cheap alternative,Halfords do an anodised aluminium radiator guard for the car kiddies for £20 which is big enough to cover 2 rap radiator grills and the oil coolers ,looks pretty good and is easy to cut to size using tin snips,and will bend to shape easily.It will fit inside the lip round your radiator and can be held on either with a bit of imaginative cutting ,just shape brackets as you cut it (works well on the oil cooler)or is I did wire it through the radiator using lockwire.The end result is a protective grill with hidden mountings fitting flush to your radiator.I did to ours about 2 years ago and they have worked lovely.
RAKER

Post by RAKER »

Thanks for all the info.Found a rad cover from a company called MTC EXHAUSTS which looks alright just waiting delivery.Update when it comes.Raker.
blim
On the Road

oil & radiator covers

Post by blim »

i found a company in lancashire on ebay that do a set for around £60 of oil and radiator covers. i can't remember their details at the mo. they should come up if you search for v-raptor on e bay