TRE

General spannery stuff
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Yes mate that's exactly the one I bought only because I like English engineering more than American, Aston Martin v Corvette, Triumph v Harley sort of thing,I'm sure they'd all work, just my preference.
That's very weird loosing hp and torque after servicing or do you mean after having a TRE fitted as well?
Before and after dyno runs would be very interesting for sure.

Regards,zorro 8)
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

I've not fitted a TRE yet.....
I'm tempted though, someone mentioned that they were running race cans, and fitting a TRE stopped the banging and popping when rolling off.

I spent most of saturday morning on a dyno trying to stop that! and whilst the fueling is 'fixed' the popping and banging is still happening, wonder how much of a difference a TRE will make?

Anyone got a smart tre i could borrow, for next time i go to JBRacing and have it on the Dyno
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Phil,

Buy one of the Christie Automotive smart TRE's off ebay. Less than £30 and it does stop the popping and banging. Fitted mine about two weeks ago.

I am running TRE and CCC Stainless Race cans with baffles with no mods to the fueling as yet. Still got to save up enough to order the Power Commander but I have the Air filter just don't want to fit it till i can get the thing sorted on the dyno.

HTH

Taz
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Yeah, what Taz said.

My Rap has Staintunes without baffles. It's really very loud 8)
No PC or other mods to the fuelling, just the TRE messing with/fixing the timing.
Before I got the TRE the bike used to pop & bang a lot on a trailing throttle (and I mean a LOT :!: ).
I kind of liked this because it didn't half sound like it wanted a fight :twisted:

Once the TRE was installed the bangs are no more and the bike feels so good coming onto the throttle through slow corners. :lol:

Do it, do it :D

BTW. I got my 'smart' TRE from Dano's on eBay and it was here in 4 days!
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
blim
On the Road

TRE

Post by blim »

i put a TRE on mine and had the engine re mapped. the dyno curve was straight with no flat spots and you can feel the smoothness on the road.