power commander

General spannery stuff
FEDERICO
On the Road

power commander

Post by FEDERICO »

Hi having a spot of bother,the engine on my 2001 v-raptor
seems, well it is, flat below 3000 rpm, then its fine. I had a power commander on it, which i have taken off to see if it made a difference
but doesn't seem to have cured the problem, is this just a TL thing or should I be looking for a sensor problem.Ive checked the power commander on the computer and its set up for standard TLS, is this right or wrong should it be TLR? Hope some of you nice people can help,
thanks
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: power commander

Post by TLMONKEY »

Never download a tlr map as it wont work on tls/rap as tls is 1 injector per head/throttlebody and tlr is 2 injectors per head/throttlebody.
As for your problem ,maybe a good remap would do it.
Have you got any cans on it and/or a race filter.

Ian
FEDERICO wrote:55 years agoHi having a spot of bother,the engine on my 2001 v-raptor
seems, well it is, flat below 3000 rpm, then its fine. I had a power commander on it, which i have taken off to see if it made a difference
but doesn't seem to have cured the problem, is this just a TL thing or should I be looking for a sensor problem.Ive checked the power commander on the computer and its set up for standard TLS, is this right or wrong should it be TLR? Hope some of you nice people can help,
thanks
FEDERICO
On the Road

power commander

Post by FEDERICO »

Ta Ian tlmonkey, yes there's a K+N filter on it and some stubby race cans with baffles on it,but I didn't think that would cause much of a problem low down, maybe if I remap for yoshi pipes that will sort it, ill give it a go and report back

FRED
federico
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

FEDERICO wrote:55 years agoTa Ian tlmonkey, yes there's a K+N filter on it and some stubby race cans with baffles on it,but I didn't think that would cause much of a problem low down, maybe if I remap for yoshi pipes that will sort it, ill give it a go and report back

FRED
federico
If its only below 3th the o.k. above, maybe try/check your tps i not out mate?
FEDERICO
On the Road

power commander

Post by FEDERICO »

Hi TL Monkey,remapped power commander,mucho better
but think a trip to a dyno centre would just give it the edge
thanks for your help, Federico

Fred :D
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

FEDERICO wrote:55 years agoHi TL Monkey,remapped power commander,mucho better
but think a trip to a dyno centre would just give it the edge
thanks for your help, Federico

Fred :D
Usual charge for 1 dyno run is around £25-£30 most places
That will tell you if it need's richening up anywhere in the rev range.
Glad to help matey:)