Jock git spends dosh, shockeroony !!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Jock git spends dosh, shockeroony !!

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hi to all you lot !

Just bought a brand new V raptor 2 days ago (Think its possibly the last one in the country) and have already clocked up 700 miles.

Many thanks to Adam for his help and info in the lead up so you can all have a wee dram on me (a double for Adam!)

Moved on from the Buell Firebolt and quite pleased with everything so far. The only issues I have is running in and the uncomfy seat !

My goodie list is growing so if anyone has, knows a place or can point me as to the best choice of bits, I`d be most grateful.

So far, the list is ;

tank pad/ knee pads ( to protect the shiny red paint)
fenda extenda
screen
belly pan
tail tidy
crash bungs (tempting fate, that one!)
Lower footrests ???

Oh and with the carbon cans having a removeable end cap, is there a baffle or summat in there I can remove/mod to noise her up a bit??

Is there any other things I should consider fitting or modding on her?

Cheers folk,

Martin
nil illigitimae carborundum
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum

- fenda extenda ... in my dreams!

For all the other stuff ... hopefully someone more sober might be along soon to help - Im overnighting at Snapdragons and am a little pished xxx

8)
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi Welcome

I think LSL makes some nice crash mushrooms
got em myself

any dram left?
No bike is ever finished!
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Don't forget a TRE unit! Vroom, Vroom!
Welcome to Ve world
8)
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in - large glass of red wine please -- oops I already have one - never mind another won't hurt ;)

:)

chunky crash bungs from R&G

lower foot rests ?? you could get yer legs shortened :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Ok, what exactly does the TRE unit do and what benefits/probs can I get from fitting one?

The reason for the lower foot rests is to relieve stress on my knees (arthritis) by reducing the bend a bit. I already have a cunning plan to solve that one but what about that seat tho` !?!? My arse is still sore now ( no sailor jokes perlees!)

Gave seen some belly pans around (does the powerbronze red in any way match the bike red by chance?) seen a pic of a pretty nice angular one on here in silver. anyone know what make it is?

btw hope you enjoyed the swally..........
nil illigitimae carborundum
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Suzuki saw fit to alter the mapping, gear by gear, reducing power in the lower gears. The TRE (Timing retard eliminator) fools the mapping into top gear mode, all the time, giving a fair bit more grunt in the lower gears. There are 2 classes of TRE, std (Basically a resistor in a box) and smart - which has a special bit of trickery for tickover (Some reprts say std TRE causes lumpy tickover, can't say I've noticed). It's a 30 second fit, unplug 1 plug, plug in male/female TRE connections in line (Right hand side, just under tank, white triangular plug.
Difficult to say about the Red, I've had 2 Red raptors, and they were a different colour! The one I have now matches the powerbronze belly pretty well.
:roll:
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Crap Tartan,

Welcome from distant land of Australia. Raptor is the only way to go. Yeeehaaa :shock: There are lots of accessories to chose from. It all comes down to cash available. I suggest alloy mesh for the radiator and clear stick on flexible plastic for the lights. Help protect your bike.
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa