Ok, what tyres have you got!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

Lol!! I'll be careful at the TT!!! got the Pilot road 2's, wheels now sitting in the living room... frustrating as we can't put them back on tonight as we have to drive to my parents house and give them back their transit van which we borrowed.... I suppose we ought to seeings as we've had it since Easter!!! Have to stop over so will make a quick getaway tomorrow so we can get back and I can try out these tyres, want to get them scrubbed in properly before we leave next Friday.
I'll report back my findings on the tyres when we get back! Michelin have really been blowing their trumpet about them and they have come top in independant surveys both for wet grip and durability, reckon I'm gonna need the wet grip given the weather forecast for the Isle of Man!!!!
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Just bought a pair of Continental Road Attacks.
Had them recommended as the mutts n**s and I`ve always got on withConti`s so gotta be worth a try :idea:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

track: pirelli supercorsa SC1/SC2 combo

road: whatever i can get my hands on...now i have a diablo corsa up front, and a MPP in the back. I am not too excited about the diablo to be honest: i did a few really hard braking manouvres, and i could get the front wheel locking up for metres without trying too hard. Maybe i am spoiled with the grip of the track tires though...
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

I Use the Pilot 2ct front and the Pilot road for the rear. I have gone to the mountians for a squirt and the mix is great. I also commute everday on my raptor and it looks like I will also get good tyre life too.

The best of both worlds...
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Just scrubbed mine in and done a bit of scratchin on the way over to the Stormin the Castle Rally 8) .
New suspension and those tyres has transformed it :D
Just got to fettle the settings a bit to fine tune it now.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

pilot power for me

good grip and confidence on road and track (both wet and dry)
and decent mileage , did 6000 km , commuting and about 15 track days
and still some KM's left in the rear and the front looks it can outlive a new rear tyre
No bike is ever finished!
dochoc
On the Road

Post by dochoc »

Pilot Road 2CT front and rear just fitted.Replacing Rennsports that were great when hot,and lousy the rest of the time(most of the time).Awaiting MOT so havent tried the 2CT yet.
Slurf
On the Road

Post by Slurf »

I have bridstone Bt021 dry they good in the wet it gives me confidence. they are Touring/sports tyres. Dunlop D208 are sports tyres, steers like mad in the wet.
Got a navigator, sorry.. but I do need the long suspention travel.