braking waveys

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
wreckah
On the Road

braking waveys

Post by wreckah »

just ordered a pair of braking waves for me rap :)

it was about time to replace those old worn discs (45.000kms): they are very thin, and although not warped, very irregular surface. The new discs should be 6.1mm thick, so that'll give me another 100.000kms or so ;)

i'll have them on thursday, expect some pics ;)

no carbon carriers for the rap apparently, but hey, regular waveys will be just fine!

Jan
harleyriv
On the Road

Waveys

Post by harleyriv »

Be careful when you first use 'em (once the pads have bedded in) Mine were so much better than standard that I locked the front wheel going up the drive on cold tyres!...Vicious. :shock:
It ain't no fossil.......
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

wreckah

Where did you get the waveys and Part #?? Did you get 1 for the back as well? I couldn't find one
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

here they are :)

As you can see, the pads aren't bedded in yet, so i haven't got max braking power yet, but the difference in power is already very clear: 2 fingers now in stead of 4, and immediate braking action from the moment you touch the lever! No drag whatsoever, which is a vast improvement over my worn stockers, where the pads were sticking to the little edge at the outside of the brake disc...major upgrade!! woo-hoow :)

i got them from our local importer Rino Trading. It was in stock too, so i got them within 3 days! 8)

part numbers:
Disco Anteriore SX/DX
Cod. STX39D
KBA Approved
Dimensioni: 300,0 x 61,0

if you wish i could order them for you guys.

Official pricing is 505 EUR for the set incl. VAT

I can give you guys 10% off, so that makes 454.50 EUR incl. VAT

or 375.62 EUR for the guys with a valid VAT number. you will have to pay the VAT in your country then, or not ;)

Shipping to England should be around 20 EUR.

cheers,
Jan

PS I haven't got the rear one (yet), but here is the part nr for anyone interested: CA02RID
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

wreckah, are wavy discs designed to be lighter than stock or for some other reason, or just to look super cool.

Regards, zorro 8)
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

heya zorro,

they are lighter than stock discs for sure, but in my case, the ultra-thin worn stock discs were already very light so no big improvement there :lol:

the wave pattern should help to keep the discs cooler too, so less fading etc.

I rode with braking waveys on my TL1000S too, and i don't really know why, but braking power was increased for sure: i testrode it for the first time, and i did my very first rolling stoppie with them :d

they should last long too, i know a guy in the USA who commutes every day on his TLS, and he has now 40.000 miles or so on his waves, and still no sign of wear

cheers, jan
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

I've had them on a couple of the 3 Buells I own. Definately no improvement over standard (in my OPINION :wink: ) and one of them cracked. There have been several instances of this catastophic failure :shock: - and yes, I have seen these discs, it's not just internet bullshit. All mine were removed and put in the bin, Prolites are now fitted. I'm happy with these but can't prove they are better. I wonder what testing procedures those who claim the Braking discs are better use :?: :?
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

I'd love to comment on the effectiveness or otherwise of wavy discs but after 4 months after paying for them with stealth UK I still do not have them, I order stuff from the east coast of the USA and it is on my door in 10 days, I am at a loss as to know what I have to do to get my replacement disc, den
to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid