Carbon Fibre air box

General spannery stuff
booah
On the Road

Carbon Fibre air box

Post by booah »

I've had a couple of enquiries about the carbon fibre air box.

Heres a couple of pics. Not as cheap as the stock mod but the look is cleaner and the filter massive compared to the old.

philattersall
On the Road

Re: Carbon Fibre air box

Post by philattersall »

booah wrote:55 years agoI've had a couple of enquiries about the carbon fibre air box.

Heres a couple of pics. Not as cheap as the stock mod but the look is cleaner and the filter massive compared to the old.

Where did you pick it up from. How much did it cost. And did it give much of a performance boost??
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Phil

It was $780.00 Australian, did not dyno before the addition, added the airbox after reading an article here where one of the mags did some performance mods to the V Rap and that was one of the additions they said was crucial. Heres the contact details and run down on Ben who builds them. As far as I know I have #2. I'm sure he'd love to make more.

What they do: Extreme Creations was started by Ben Shaw in 1998. We offer a full range of machining & fabrication services, including :

Milling, Turning, Drilling, Welding ( Mig & Tig including Aluminium and Stainless Steel ), Plastic Welding,
Sheet rolling, Bending, Sawing, Grinding, Thread cutting,
Polishing

Materials we work with :
Aluminium ( All types, including 7075 ) , Stainless Steel ( 316,304 ) , Plastics ( All types ) , Steel ( All types ) , Fiberglass

Where they are: 16/104 Old Pittwater Rd Brookvale , Sydney NSW 2100
PO Box 24 Brookvale 2100
TEL: 02 9939 4878
FAX: 02 9939 4879
Mobile: 0419 226 348
E-MAIL : xcreations@bigpond.com