steering damper

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
peterboropete

steering damper

Post by peterboropete »

I've just bought a v-raptor steering damper off ebay to fit on my standard raptor 1000 (one tank slapper off is enough) but don't even know where abouts it goes. Could someone with a v-raptor please post a picture here of their damper fitted maybe with some fitting tips too please? I'm not sure if I need a kit too. Cheers!
Or email jamesmfarrell@hotmail.com if its not possible to place picture here. Many Thanks
moodyman
On the Road

Post by moodyman »

Not 100% sure mate as mine was taken off before I bought it but I'm led to beleive the mountings are on the front fork brace?

Dunno if that applies to the normal Raptor? :roll:
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: steering damper

Post by TLMONKEY »

This isnt standard fitting,but very similar setup to standard mate(Not my bike by the way)

Hope that helps ya :)
jamesfarrell wrote:55 years agoI've just bought a v-raptor steering damper off ebay to fit on my standard raptor 1000 (one tank slapper off is enough) but don't even know where abouts it goes. Could someone with a v-raptor please post a picture here of their damper fitted maybe with some fitting tips too please? I'm not sure if I need a kit too. Cheers!
Or email jamesmfarrell@hotmail.com if its not possible to place picture here. Many Thanks
wizard
On the Road

Re: steering damper

Post by wizard »

[quote="TLMONKEY"]This isnt standard fitting,but very similar setup to standard mate(Not my bike by the way)

Hope that helps ya Maybe I'm wrong, but surely with that set up, the damper is only acting as a fork-brace..........to dampen the steering, one end needs to be attached to the frame ! ??... :?: :? :wink:
If in danger, if in doubt....Run in circles,..scream and shout !
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi wizard,

the damper is fixed to the headstock tube which has a small metal tab or bracket protruding from it above where the clamp is on the damper.

Regards, zorro 8)
wizard
On the Road

Post by wizard »

zorro wrote:55 years agoHi wizard,

the damper is fixed to the headstock tube which has a small metal tab or bracket protruding from it above where the clamp is on the damper.

Regards, zorro 8)
Yes..I can see it now ....I've never seen a damper fitted this way before though.....I would think that as it clamps both legs, it would be quite effective ...?..... :o
If in danger, if in doubt....Run in circles,..scream and shout !