OIL CHECK INDICATOR

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
RICHARDBONSER

OIL CHECK INDICATOR

Post by RICHARDBONSER »

My raptor has just done 3200 miles, and when I stop the bike, I get a flashing oil can and the word CHEC on my digital display. The oil warning light isn't on. I've checked the oil and that's OK. Is this message just a reminder that an oil change is due? Can it be re-set somehow by me, or is it something that has to be done by a Cagiva Dealer? Does anyone know?

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Richardbonser :)

it's the cause you need to get rid of I think - not the flashing can

It isn't an oil change warning that I know of - 2000 miles for that (or thereabouts)
Thats the signal you get when you switch on and you've left the bike in gear - or clicked the kill switch whilst in gear -?.
Or put the sidestand down before you've selected neutral

Might be that the sidestand switch electrics need a clean up and squirt of WD ?

errm :roll: - am sure someone else will have other (probly more technical) ideas.

its years since mine had four figures on the display :oops:

:twisted:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
raptorratte
On the Road

Post by raptorratte »

go to a dealer and let check the sensor of the oil?
Drive it like you stole it
88/999
if you obey all the rules you miss al the fun
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoThats the signal you get when you switch on and you've left the bike in gear - or clicked the kill switch whilst in gear -?.
Or put the sidestand down before you've selected neutral

Might be that the sidestand switch electrics need a clean up and squirt of WD ?

errm :roll: - am sure someone else will have other (probly more technical) ideas.
i think you're right on it snap ;) good job! :lol:
TimO
On the Road

Post by TimO »

Don't know if you're sorted yet, but I experienced the CHEC message at the weekend. Just replaced my gear change arm. Managed to knock it into gear without realising, I then changed the coolant. When I came to start her again I couldn't work out why it wouldn't start. Hmmmm :? several minutes of head scratching and a quick consultation of the manual and the penny dropped.

Thought the attached might be helpful

TimO
RICHARDBONSER

oil CHECK INDICATOR

Post by RICHARDBONSER »

thanks timo that was very helpful and to the rest of you for taking the time to reply,does anybody no where to get a workshop manual ?all the best to everybody for christmas regards richard
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

and a merry christmas to you Richard, if you do a search on the site you'll possibly find some chat about workshop manuals, am sure there were a few discussions going on :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

I find I get the chec message sometimes when I stop after a ride and am revving the bike whilst parking, the counter flashes as if I had just started up the bike with a check oil message. No idea why, sort of got used to it!!!
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!