Tyres

General spannery stuff
Miz
On the Road

Tyres

Post by Miz »

Hiya, I am looking for a new set of tyres for the Xtra, just seen this offer from Busters

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/pr ... asp?id=437

Anyone got any thoughts on Dunlops on the Raptor, I usually go for Diablos, but £110 per set has got to be worth a shot..

Miz.
152/999
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I`ve put a pair of these on mine last september and being running them daily since with no problems.Good in the rain and not bad in the ice.They warm up quickly and allow wheelies in sub zero temps after half a mile at 50mph without wheelspin in 1st gear.They were good in the last warm days of last year too and they seem to be lasting well.They give lots of feedback and when they do let go ( through being hamfisted with the throttle ) then it`s very progressive and not just slip-slide-highside ,and also leaves a pleasing black line which is great fun out of your fave corner or roundabout :P .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

They're certainly cheap enough and Dunlop know what they're doing (I ran Dunlops on my TZ250 for years).

Even the Michelins below for £120/pair are a good price! :D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I've had Dunlops and hated 'em - but they weren't 208's if someone on here rates them then it could be worth it - as it's unlikely that any RaptorChapter member would give bum advice :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I'd go with the Michelins or Bridgestones. I had a set of Dunlops on my ZZR, hated em with a vengance in the wet.

They were great in the dry, but never trusted em at all in the wet, there was no progressive slide, just wet from being in line to arse out. So some people might love em.

I have Bridgestones on the Rap at the moment, they give me a nice progressive slide :twisted:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
Demansia
On the Road

Post by Demansia »

I highly recommend Metzler M3's, recently put a rear on my 1000 & I LOVE IT!

i've got more confidence in this tyre than the diablo corsa i replaced (it tended to squirm a lot once it got too hot :shock: , better for a 10 lap track quirt than a 4hr corner carving session!) Once the front diablo goes it's being replaced with a M3 also.

Everyone like different things, that's just my 10 cent worth. :D
Nothin like V-Twin Grin!!
Bazza
On the Road

Tyres?

Post by Bazza »

Dunlop Qualifiers ...... The Dogs on the Raptor, very confident ride in wet and dry.
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
Dazza Bing-Bong
On the Road

Post by Dazza Bing-Bong »

Metzeler Sportec M3's. I've fitted a pair to my 1000. Bags of feel, quick warm up and more grip than you'll ever need. Plus free, yes, FREE fitting at official dealers ( £40 back through the post) :D :D :D :D .

Dazza.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Conti Road attacks on mine,excellent grip and feedback whatever the weather so far 8)
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable