Translate please!

Chat about anything
DrBagiva
On the Road

Translate please!

Post by DrBagiva »

Hi Folks,
I've just found this on the net from superbike magazine. What a load of drivel! -I quote (Low seat height means this bike would be much more practical for shortarses, second-rate James Bond types given to schizophrenic delusions about messages received through their sunglasses. Suzuki's LT 1000S motor is a stonker but the on-off fuelling means that corner exits and wheelie landings can be fraught with sticky moments. Suspension is on the soft side but is well-damped. Styling is dubious. You either love it or you hate it. I thought it looked as though an Action Man toy should be sat at the controls. But forget gripes about the looks, this bike is as depraved as it gets. Brakes were appaling, taking forever and a day to stop. Cheap tacky plastic seat unit and ludicrous looking front end aside, the Raptor is a real slasher. In your face brazen Dolce&Gabanna to the timeless elegance of the Paul Smith Triumph and Ducati. )
http://www.superbike.co.uk/tests/Superb ... 69162.html

Appaling brakes? Soft suspension? Where did they find the test bike-in a skip?
I wish mine had soft suspension!
And what is a slasher? :lol:
I'm not a gynaecologist - but I'll take a look!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

scared him did it? :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Good

:twisted: :twisted:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
steve996
On the Road

Post by steve996 »

i think he has a fair point,the brembo calipers are spoilt by a crap nissan master cylinder that seems to rob the goldlines of any bite or decent power i replaced mine with a brembo 19/20mm radial master cylinder the rap should have come with something decent in the first place,as a point my 1990 fzr 400 comes with the same master cylinder-go figure!!!.the plastics are rubbish,nasty easy break brittle stuff especially round the seat unit and muguard and the suspension is as budget as it gets and is positively phsycotic on fast bumpy roads and lets not forget the flaking paint on the footrest hangers(after3000 miles) or splitting standard cans after even less the ferrous oxide fasteners,the crap chain adjusters,the crap very short life wheel bearings,the body work which rubs all the paint off round the nose cone because it doesnt fit properly(on my v-rap any way) and a dozen or so other things that make them infuriating.but ive had it for nearly four years now so it must be doing something right and ive really enjoyed sorting out all the above problems and its now a much better bike-so yes compared to jap stuff it must be a bit of a shock to a spoilt bike journolist who gets to ride the latest and greatest offerings on a daily basis so lets not get too precious about our beloved raps coz theyre far from perfect,and the raps got something that hardly any other bike has or will ever have-a great big booming-SOUL. see ya
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Ha! :D
Nice to see people are not blindly in love with their rap as some bike owners are
Yup they are not perfect but for th price you pay for em these days it gives you an excuse to go wild with mods and bolt on goodies and make them damn well near perfect and more exlusive
No bike is ever finished!
DrBagiva
On the Road

Post by DrBagiva »

Mmm,
I should point out that my perspective is from the 650 Rap. I don't recognise any of these problems though I wish they would have used normal plastic instead of the brittle carbon fibre bits. Anyway, got to go cos I've got a message coming in thru my sunglasses-what's that? Ken has told Barbie he has a gay lover and he's moving out! Could be my big chance.Where's my combat fatigues....now maybe she'll impressed if I show her my big bazooka!!
Love Y'all
A.Man 8)
I'm not a gynaecologist - but I'll take a look!