air box mod

General spannery stuff
craigus
On the Road

air box mod

Post by craigus »

did the air box mod today cut the top of the box out along with the air filter but the filter was a standard one, so no difference in performance but i did find the rap ran a bit smoother in the lower rev range.
thinking about getting a pipercross filter but cant afford to pay out nearly £300 for a power commander which is a bit of a bugger not being able to release those xtra horses , i need to find a dealer with a yoshi box with a raptor connector .i live in the southampton area & really know dont where to start looking can anyone help or point me in the right direction.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Get a Power Commander!
Save if you must. But after spending last summer with set-ups via a yoshi box. Whilst I did a pretty good job.
Once I got a power commander fitted and had a custom map made up, it made the world of difference. And to be honest yes it makes more power and torque.
It's the throttle response that really changed. It's sooooo much smoother to ride. Well worth the money
And if your after a quick performance fix. Just fit a TRE!
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

hi philattersall got a T.R.E on & i agree they do make a noticeable differance also got race cans so got the sound , is there any cheaper options to a P.C & has anyone tried them ,are they worth the money or should i just set myself on saving for the P.C
Bazza
On the Road

TRE

Post by Bazza »

Hi mate I live in Bournemouth not far from you, I'd agree, for a quick fix stick a TRE on, got mine from jbracing.co.uk (and some very nice T3 cans) TRE works a treat. If you need a Yoshi box try dynomite.co.uk a call, they may be able to help.
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

Thanks Bazza i'll give them a ring once i've got the race filter.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Get hold of these guys http://www.fhmoto.co.uk/ and speak to Richard about a TFI unit.Does the same as a power commander but is about half the price.
I got one on mine,huge difference :twisted:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable