TL1000 downpipes - fit a Raptor?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
twistedpr
On the Road

TL1000 downpipes - fit a Raptor?

Post by twistedpr »

This is really aimed at TLMonkey, but just incase anyone else knows, I thought I would post it on the forum rather than send a PM.

Will the downpipes from a TL1000 (either S or R, if there's a difference in exhausts) fit a Raptor? I know that the bit where the can attaches to the pipe is different, but would a TL system fit underneath and leave the bolt-on can-end at a Raptor friendly level?

The reason I ask is that I've got hold of some Quill cans for TL1000, which I knew wouldn't fit onto the Raptor downpipes. I was thinking of either getting some polished TL downpipes or contacting Quill and ordering Raptor linkpipes. Linkpipes is the easier option, but if the TL ones will fit that will be the cheaper and quicker solution.

Any wisdom gratefully received.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: TL1000 downpipes - fit a Raptor?

Post by TLMONKEY »

twistedpr wrote:This is really aimed at TLMonkey, but just incase anyone else knows, I thought I would post it on the forum rather than send a PM.

Will the downpipes from a TL1000 (either S or R, if there's a difference in exhausts) fit a Raptor? I know that the bit where the can attaches to the pipe is different, but would a TL system fit underneath and leave the bolt-on can-end at a Raptor friendly level?

The reason I ask is that I've got hold of some Quill cans for TL1000, which I knew wouldn't fit onto the Raptor downpipes. I was thinking of either getting some polished TL downpipes or contacting Quill and ordering Raptor linkpipes. Linkpipes is the easier option, but if the TL ones will fit that will be the cheaper and quicker solution.

Any wisdom gratefully received.
Got your pm :)
I have tried in the past to fit aftermarket tls+tlr systems to raptor without any joy, it is possible but involes alot of work to make them fit/work have never actually tried fitting standard tl pipework to raptor,so can't really help there but i would bet it will have the same problems as the aftermarket systems.
You could get quill to make you linkpipes But with bolt on end's,not slipon.From memory slipon linkpipes run around £120ish from quill,so would say with the added work for bolt on,lets say £150ish
But those are pure guess price's.

Ian

P.S. Plus you would have to get another rear header stubby pipe made as tl one doesnt work with rap frame and rap one doesnt work with tl exh. system
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Thanks TLMonkey. Thought just bolting on TL pipework would be far too easy to be true, and I'm not into cutting & welding. I'll give Chris at Quill a call on Monday and let you know what he says.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

twistedpr wrote:Thanks TLMonkey. Thought just bolting on TL pipework would be far too easy to be true, and I'm not into cutting & welding. I'll give Chris at Quill a call on Monday and let you know what he says.
Here's pic of tls(Or tlr ?) akrapovic system

Basically to make it fit you would have to bring the rear header pipe further(30-40mm) over to the right (as you are sat on bike) which would involve cutting one of the crossflow pipes and making it longer and also cuting the straight crossflow pipe(You can see) making it shorter and THEN making a rear header stubby pipe .

I did have a guys details from italy who makes his own race pipes and can and has done for raptor,but he wanted paying first,totally on trust and then you will/should get system 6-8 weks later+cost of postage on top.
Think price was around £450ish and that was when £1.00= 1.50 euro,so now would be more as it about 1.20ish euro = £1.00

That was for just pipework,no silencers.
Havwent got his number/details anymore,but still got pic of the system,very nice work.

Jethro
On the Road

Post by Jethro »

TLMONKEY wrote:
twistedpr wrote:Thanks TLMonkey. Thought just bolting on TL pipework would be far too easy to be true, and I'm not into cutting & welding. I'll give Chris at Quill a call on Monday and let you know what he says.

That was for just pipework,no silencers.
Havwent got his number/details anymore,but still got pic of the system,very nice work.

That sure looks superb! :D
'96 Yamaha FZR 600R[/sold]
'01 Cagiva V-Raptor 1000[/sold]
'03 Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord [/sold]
'07 Cagiva V-Raptor 1000 [CURRENT]
'?? Cagiva X-tra Raptor [maybe in the future]