help 650 rap kmh clocks

Chat about anything
ozzy
On the Road

help 650 rap kmh clocks

Post by ozzy »

wifes now got a 650 rap 2001. we brought it under the understanding that the speedo would be converted to mph.the gizmo that converts had not arrived by time we collected bike and it was posted on.unfortunately the wire terminal block under tank that it is supposed to plug inline into is completely different.fits my v rap 1000.my v rap takes readings from gearbox, 650 from rear disc.was tempted to cut wires a solder inline,but having seen price of new sensor on here dont want to risk it incase electronics non compatable.motrax seem to be only suppliers of such converters, and not for 650 rap.dealer has been very good,if we travel back to him he has a new set of clocks for a 650 injection rap.they will mount ok but does anyone know it wiring block on reverse is same as earlier models.has anyone any other ideas, such as other gizmos or companies that do kmh to mph conversions on clocks.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

notaclue on fitting the i.e. version Sorry - but did you try looking for an SV one? and does anyone know if it's a straight-on fit?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

its the complete triangler unit, even if wecould fit a sv one i image it would look very wrong on a raptorrachel will have to learn kmh if injection clocks not usable and put mph sticker over kmh wording on rap clocks for mot.tell them its be converted.im sure there must be a simple chip inside the clock that calibrates kmh,and someone who knows what they are doing should be able to replace it with mph one.just dont know such a person or company.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ah sorry ozzy I misunderstood - or mis-read :oops:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

forza italia where we brought the bike have just fitted brand new rap 650 clocks, from a later model that read in mph. problem solved.that was under warrenty as rachel was not happy with them in kmh.