more power

General spannery stuff
kev
On the Road

more power

Post by kev »

i have sorted the handling and now fancy some more power so far. pc11, snorkel mod, tre, race cans,k&n
i am sure i have seen somewhere tls with 140 at the wheal or have i got this wrong
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: more power

Post by TLMONKEY »

kev wrote:i have sorted the handling and now fancy some more power so far. pc11, snorkel mod, tre, race cans,k&n
i am sure i have seen somewhere tls with 140 at the wheal or have i got this wrong
You would need alot more on a rap to get 140rwhp then you do on a tls to get 140rwhp bud,I've got a 1070cc,bigvalve's+tlr cam's in mine with pc2+akro can's and All i can get is 120ish rwhp :(
There is some restrictions in rap,dont know for sure where or how, but bet ecu+smaller airbox+exh. system might have something to do with it.
If rap had full unrestricted system available to buy+fit ,i would expect my rwhp to go up to around 130ish.
Last edited by TLMONKEY 16 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

If you want 20 more hp.......20 HP jets on the end of a wet nitrous system:)
If you want 40 more HP.........40 HP jets on the end of a wet nitrous system:):)
Simple
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

NITRO,oooh now i`m starting to dribble.Quite fancy looking into a blower conversion myself :twisted:
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

TLMONKEY wrote:
kev wrote:i have sorted the handling and now fancy some more power so far. pc11, snorkel mod, tre, race cans,k&n
You would need alot more on a rap to get 140rwhp then you do on a tls to get 140rwhp bud,I've got a 1070cc,bigvalve's+tlr cam's in mine with pc2+akro can's and All i can get is 120ish rwhp :(
There is some restrictions in rap,dont know for sure where or how, but bet ecu+smaller airbox+exh. system might have something to do with it.
If rap had full unrestricted system available to buy+fit ,i would expect my rwhp to go up to around 130ish.[/quoat
didnt the TLR pump out about 135 hp as standard it may be an idea to just bung one of those motors in or is it not that simple
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

The TLR also has a better injection system with bigger throttle bodies and a better/bigger ecu ,so if you could fit all of that along with the motor and a decent one off air box and a free flowing exhaust then you may start getting some decent figures.You have to remember that the TLR puts the power out further up the revs and also has a higher red line but if you can be bothered then maybe it`d be a good mod.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Yep, Sam from TLZone has two TL-S', a road bike with 130rwbhp and a race bike with 140rwbhp.

The road bike is 1000, the race bike 1070. They both have a bit of head work, the road bike has TLR pistons and they're running decent exhausts. They have modded airboxes, but one thing they do have which Raptors don't are the TLS airbox tubes (which I'm going to try on mine) as they apparently make quite a difference.

I don't think that the mapping is much different from a TL-S, and it's nothing that a Power Commander probably can't fix!

One tip would be to try a Yoshimura M4 exhaust off a TL-S. It won't fit straight on to the rear cylinder and therefore will require hitting with a TIG welder, but apparently they don't come much better! :D
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

If the extra power though was at the expense of the mid-range then give me less at the top and more in the middle!
Having had the R1 for about two months I can tell you whilst it's 'nice' having the extra power. The Raptor engine is good enough for the bike it is. It's not a sports bike, it's a 'have a giggle bike' And for that my 107bhp and 72talks....were more than enough. Whilst it's nice to have more.
The answer is Standard Rap+Race Cans+TRE+PC2(3)+Custom Map= :D :D :D
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

TLMONKEY wrote: You would need alot more on a rap to get 140rwhp then you do on a tls to get 140rwhp bud,I've got a 1070cc,bigvalve's+tlr cam's in mine with pc2+akro can's and All i can get is 120ish rwhp :(
If rap had full unrestricted system available to buy+fit ,i would expect my rwhp to go up to around 130ish.
I got 112 rwhp with just a PCIII, K&N filter and Scorpion cans.
It's strange to see the mods you did and only got 8 more. :shock:
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Baines Brothers used to run one in the twins race series and apparently you can get 140RWHP without spending thousands but it usually results in cracked crankcases and or broken gearboxes.
They are the weakest links allegedly.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable