springy bits

General spannery stuff
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

springy bits

Post by DeanoSeadog »

Just thought I'd add to the suspension upgrades stuff.
I sent my forks and rear shock off to "Promecha" today. They rekon they can revalve/reshim the standard cartriges. Sounds promising. Hoping to get it all sorted before the Oran Park ride day in Nov (see trackdays). I'll let you all know how it goes. Basically I'm looking for more rebound and less compression etc.
Can't wait!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

8) sounds good - fingers crossed the results are just what you're hoping for
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

The problem with the standard cartridges is once they're apart there will be a major problem in getting them back together due to the way they're crimped at the end, that's why mine now has GSXR1000 cartridges. We didn't even try taking mine apart as it wasn't worth bothering....
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

hmm the spares cupboard has a pair of Raptor fork inners (not mine)
but mine were skimmed off (centre plastics spine thing) for free-er movement many eons ago by Raptordoc, I don't recall crimps being a problem - age thing ?

either - the first year bikes were different :?:

or - my memory playing up :roll:

or it could be that nothing that couldn't be cussed into submission seemed to be a problem for Raptordoc :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

The problem is that the end of the cartridges are crimped on, so to get to the shims the crimped ends need to be de-crimped and then reattached somehow. How to reattach is the real problem....
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

crimping

Post by DeanoSeadog »

Yes, the crimped on ends is the problem. However, apparently these guys have got a way around it, and have done quite a few raptors in the past. I'll reserve judgement until I ride it. Have heard good things about them though. So I've got my fingers crossed.
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Keep us updated - it'll be interesting to see what they do!
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

Post by DeanoSeadog »

spoke to them on the phone. Basically they just cut them off and then weld them up. Got the forks and rear shock re-valved and shimmed for $470. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I should get them back on monday. Can't wait!