Clutch cable part number????

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Frankiesan
On the Road

Clutch cable part number????

Post by Frankiesan »

:lol:

My clutch cable went last night and the nice man from RAC had to kinda make me one.

Anyone know what the part number is for the 650, carb version?

Or do any of you know since we have suzuki switchgear and a SV engine would an SV cable fit?
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

You could try http://www.oemmotorparts.com for the cable - at the minimum their site will give you the part no. Sorry, have no idea if any other cables will fit.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

Thanks dude I have their site but can't find the cable only the assembly (Which is £96!!!)

Anyone else?

Off to a place to try sort it on saturday but It'd be great to go armed with plenty of info.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

mine went a couple of years back, have a TL1000S one on now, easier to source, more likely to be in stock and it fits
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

I know Miz had a clutch cable snap on him last year. Got his from a company called Venhill - http://www.venhill.co.uk/ - and was pretty impressed with the service.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

A suzuki SV 650 cable will fit, they dont have the same nipple size at the hand lever though.
Stay calm.
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

or the same kind of bend in the solid bit at the top..

Tried a suzuki one on sat, was gonna get it all sorted there and then until i noticed the crack in my rear disc so now have to wait for that...

Damn consumables all going at once...
Magnum
On the Road

Re:

Post by Magnum »

pod wrote:55 years agoA suzuki SV 650 cable will fit, they dont have the same nipple size at the hand lever though.
So, yesterday I bought a cable for the SV 650. In all the cable were 15 cm. longer than the original Cagiva.
On top of that the "un shielded" part the bare wire was 5 mm shorter. I had to adjust the clutch arm upwards with the screw in the center of the arm. Still I have to little play and I don´t want to adjust the arm more, because I am uncertain of the consequence of that adjustment.
I have now ordered the original one from OEM but it might take a will before it´s in my hands. Any suggestions?
I am also interested to learn more about the ajustments of the clutch arm.

By the way is there any possibilities to convert to a hydraulic clutch, any thoughts?

Cheers!

Magnum
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
Brendan1983
On the Road

Re: Cluth cable part number????

Post by Brendan1983 »

Seeing as it's an SV650 motor and obviously SV650 clutch is the solution not just to use an SV cable and change the lever & clamp to an SV one?

Brendan
Cagiva Raptor 650 & CBR 900 RR-W

Magnum
On the Road

Re: Cluth cable part number????

Post by Magnum »

Brendan1983 wrote:55 years agoSeeing as it's an SV650 motor and obviously SV650 clutch is the solution not just to use an SV cable and change the lever & clamp to an SV one?

Brendan
Well, That´s what I did! The lever I use is the ASV for SV 650. The Clutch lever bracket is how ever the original one. I keept it because of the clutchswitch and rear mirror assembly. Still the :twisted: naked wire is 5 mm. shorter.

Cheers!
/M
wobblywilliams

Re: Clutch cable part number????

Post by wobblywilliams »

Hello

Just bought a 51-reg Raptor with 2,000 miles on it. Yellow, beautiful, goes by the name of daffodil (well I am Welsh).

Re the clutch cable, mine broke in the first week. Bought an SV650 one but BE WARNED it's too short. It will fit but your clutch will slip when you gas it.

Go for a TL1000S one instead. That fits perfectly. Unless you want to pay £49 for a Cagiva one. The Suzi one is a mere 14 sovs.

:D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in WW (and Daffodil) :D

Wales has some good Raptor roads 8)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

wobblywilliams wrote:55 years agoHello

Just bought a 51-reg Raptor with 2,000 miles on it. Yellow, beautiful, goes by the name of daffodil (well I am Welsh).

Re the clutch cable, mine broke in the first week. Bought an SV650 one but BE WARNED it's too short. It will fit but your clutch will slip when you gas it.

Go for a TL1000S one instead. That fits perfectly. Unless you want to pay £49 for a Cagiva one. The Suzi one is a mere 14 sovs.

:D
Hi there wobbly!
A new buddy :D It´s been awfully quiet on the 650 forum lately :roll: So it´s good to get som new blood in.
Good luck with the bike :D :D
/M