650ie info

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Doc59

650ie info

Post by Doc59 »

I recently became drawn to the Raptor 650ie, love the looks (always been an Italian bike fan). There are some nicely priced ones around here (Brisbane, Aus) so I thought I would do some research first. My current daily ride is a Suzuki DL650 (which would be traded) so I pretty much know what the power etc will be like, I also have 2 Guzzi's and a Benelli so I'm no stranger to Italian bikes. I've searched and read a lot through this site and still have a few questions/worries about buying one. Spares availability seems to be the biggest problem, especially here in Aus from what I've read. I'm happy to surf ebay etc but I wouldn't want the bike sitting for months waiting for bits. How similar are the engine and electrics to an SV? Got told by a Suzuki mechanic today that there are some engine differences, he didn't reccommend buying a Raptor. Consumables, mainly Suzuki I guess except for the rear sprocket which sounds like it could be a pain. Guess I'm just after advice and opinions as to buy or not buy, all comments welcome and any Aussies, your experiences would be appreciated.
snapdragon

Re: 650ie info

Post by snapdragon »

I'm surprised about that advice, I thought the majority of engine parts an connections were the same as the SV650.

I'd say get it - it's fun fun fun, but I'm biased :twisted:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

The place I took mine to say they are vertualy the same engine????
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
NZraptorgirl
On the Road

Post by NZraptorgirl »

Hi from NZ. We have the carb 650 and found it a vastly superior ride to the SV650. Have not needed any tricky bits but what we have needed has come straight from the Suzuki dealer. Try one and see what you think.

Cheers