Whoopsy on Vrap :(

Chat about anything
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Whoopsy on Vrap :(

Post by cagiva_girl »

Hiya guys - after picking your brains really. Came off at Cadwell on my 2000 V-Raptor a couple of weeks ago and now in search for a set of bars and clutch lever with mount - cant believe how lucky the bike came off!!!!!!

The set of horns/ducts are repairable but if replacements are available would be good. May even replace the nose cone at a push (only slight damage again)

i have tried a couple of aftermarket bars but nothing seems to fit properly - please dont say i will need some bending to fit :?

i have seen some pricey carbon fibre kits around and was wondering if anything else was available - most things seem to fit other bikes!

cheers
snapdragon

Re: Whoopsy on Vrap :(

Post by snapdragon »

I haven't any of the parts that you need cagiva_girl, sorry

welcome to the Raptor Chapter anyhoo :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

any prang you walk away from is a good one good luck with the parts i dont have any :(
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Hello and Welcome.........

I'm pretty sure Holedigger was selling some bits and I think he had standard bars...not sure if they've been sold though. Good Luck
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

if you dont have any luck with bars i have some in the shed.tenner plus postage.
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Sorry to hear about the damage. What is not fitting about the bars ?
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Hiya - it seems how ever i tilt/arrange the new bars they just wont fit - either hitting the tank or catching the horns - i dont think they have the right angles on them. The place i got them from said they where the closet match to the origanals!
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Check the lock stops aren't broke on the bike. Bars shouldn't hit the tank.
How much different to the originals are they, are they shorter in length, got a different shape in them?
Perhaps a pic of the ones you have could help?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

i think they are just too different to the origanals. The angles of the turns are slightly out, thought it would be ok but obviously not - did try some renthals but they were just awful :( oh well back to the drawing board!!

i have been offered some, if they aint right then looks like im having some made!!
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Hi,

I have a set of Renthal road "ultra lows" on my Xtra-Rap - they have to be set up well as the clearances are pretty tight to stop anything catching on the horns or the cables being stretched too tight.

Once set up though, they are fine.

regards.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Update for you all - bars now fitted, just a bit of plastic repair to finish :) should be on road for weekend and cant wait :-)
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

took bike out and felt good to be back on two wheels - trouble is ive been careless and lost some of the gears - in fact everything over 3rd :-(

on the paddock stand and changing gear with my hand i can get every gear - however when i start it up anything over 3rd gives off a rattly noise - i know this isnt good as its now looking like selector has been bent - oh well at last a challenge for my mechanical skills ;-)
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Do you mean the gear lever when you say selector or do you mean the internal selector dogs ?

I would start by looking at the external stuff first. Quite possibly you've bent the lever a bit and it can't quite make it's required travel for the higher gears.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

push rod?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Photo ?