R&G PROTECTORS - Something missing here?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
snapdragon

Re: R&G PROTECTORS - Something missing here?

Post by snapdragon »

Well that's interesting, I think I know that person
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
trix
On the Road

Post by trix »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoWell that's interesting, I think I know that person
hmmmm its a small world...
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

trix wrote:55 years ago
snapdragon wrote:55 years agoWell that's interesting, I think I know that person
hmmmm its a small world...
Yup, R&G is quite near to me
Had an ask around - he started working for them this spring, used to manage a local bike shop.
SnappY
Martin Duke

Post by Martin Duke »

I had exactly the same experience with the R&G protectors. At first I thought about making them fit (I have a lathe) until I began to measure them and the bike, when it became obvious that I may as well make a set from scratch, given how much was wrong with them!
I had a long chat with a guy at R&G, told him the extent of the errors and decided to return them for a refund; no problem. I think I sent them a dimensioned sketch with the returned protectors, probably June or July 2008 - so they should be well aware that a problem exists.
I then bought a set from GSG Mototechnik, part No. 59495-C2 direct from Germany. They fitted perfectly and cost 89.50 Euro. inc. post and packing and arrived within the week!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Martin Duke wrote:55 years ago..

I then bought a set from GSG Mototechnik, part No. 59495-C2 direct from Germany. They fitted perfectly and cost 89.50 Euro. inc. post and packing and arrived within the week!
Thanks for that info Martin - are they similar to R&G's?
Could you post a pic of them ?
SnappY
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Martin Duke wrote:55 years ago I may as well make a set from scratch, given how much was wrong with them!

Didn't bother then ?? :lol:

Now you have a good "pattern" and some facilities to copy them, have you thought about making some to get your cash back? :wink:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
Martin Duke wrote:55 years ago..

Thanks for that info Martin - are they similar to R&G's?
Could you post a pic of them ?
They could be these http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/
trix
On the Road

Post by trix »

Martin Duke wrote:55 years agoI had exactly the same experience with the R&G protectors. At first I thought about making them fit (I have a lathe) until I began to measure them and the bike, when it became obvious that I may as well make a set from scratch, given how much was wrong with them!
I had a long chat with a guy at R&G, told him the extent of the errors and decided to return them for a refund; no problem. I think I sent them a dimensioned sketch with the returned protectors, probably June or July 2008 - so they should be well aware that a problem exists.

Now the R$G cant tell other bikers they didnt know of this "problem"
Well done! !

I wont buy a shit from those dudes again

Those protectors you got there looks good! :)